Potential Homemade CPS Candidate?

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Buffdaddy

Potential Homemade CPS Candidate?

Post by Buffdaddy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:14 pm

I was looking through the threads on making a homemade CPS blaster, and was unsure whether I really wanted to mess with latex rubber tubing. Then I came across this, while brainstorming:

http://www.hardwareonlinestore.com/cate ... etail.html

This is obviously more expensive than LRT, but between the operating pressure for inflating the bladder (~57psi), the volume, and the built-in PRV, it might be worth a look simply because of how easy it makes construction.

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Potential Homemade CPS Candidate?

Post by the oncoming storm » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:24 pm

I don't trust those, I tryed something similar with my homemade the devistator but it only broke due to the expantion and bad rubber.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

Buffdaddy

Post by Buffdaddy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:33 pm

What pressure does LRT get operated at normally, anyway? That would help determine if this is even worth a try.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:11 am

Buffdaddy wrote:What pressure does LRT get operated at normally, anyway? That would help determine if this is even worth a try.
See Pressure in a CPS System? thread

That said, in this case, it's not the pressure I'd be concerned with as much as what "the oncoming storm" alluded to; not sure how good that will withstand multiple expansion and contraction. Also, not sure how much that can be expanded before rupturing.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Buffdaddy

Post by Buffdaddy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:06 pm

You'd have to be careful to use piping within the design limits of the plug, of course. Don't be using a 3" max plug with a 4" diameter housing.