Destroyed My Gorgon

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Destroyed My Gorgon

Post by marauder » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:33 pm

We had an indoor fight earlier, involving the Vindicator and pillows. Eventually I grabbed my Storm 500 as the fight was going from room to room and getting a bit too rough to be using such a large gun at close range. We, meaning my fiancee and I, and occasionally my brother aiding her. After my brother left she tried to storm in my room, which resulted in me carrying her to the bath room and drenching her by turning the shower on. I ran into another room and turned off the breaker to the house, leaving her in the shower, with the house turned pitch black.

This was my high water mark, listening to her scream every time she thought she heard something moving. I thought I had achieved victory, but things turned out very very bad. She took my guns that I had out to bring to the Connecticut war, and hid them from me - she hid my Gorgon in the oven. My brother and his girlfriend came home and decided to make pizza, which required preheating the oven.

I can still pump up pressure, but can't pull the trigger to shoot. Part of the trigger melted. I can tell from the cracks in the gun that the PVC is still fine. I can't unscrew anything. This will probably require me breaking out a saw just to get my Gorgon open. Completely awful. I don't have enough time before I leave, on Tuesday, to fix this; so the Gorgon will be staying home this war. I just hope I can fix it. This is really awful.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Re: Destroyed My Gorgon

Post by isoaker » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:46 pm

Ouch.. I know I've heard the term "in the heat of things" or "in the heat of war", but never in such a literal sense.

Given the amount of warping on the plastic, not sure if the PCs may be semi-structurally compromised now. 'tis a true shame.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:27 am

Jeezus

I hope you at least got some of that pizza...

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:53 am

Yikes... Just, wow... I accendently melted the valve on my 12K, but this is crazy. Maybe you can salvage some parts out of it.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:30 pm

Maybe melt it again, and reshape it. But that is sad. :(

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:41 pm

Why don't we do something smarter next time, like hiding a CPS 2000 mk I in the clothes dryer? :goofy:
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:49 pm

At least it wasn't a CPS 2000 MK1 :goofy:

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:35 pm

What about an XP 300 ? :D

I feel deep Sorry for your bad news...Why does always the Water guns must be the things...*screaming out loud...*

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:07 pm

heyheyhey, It'd be a good wacko party accessory now!

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:44 pm

Yikes, that's worse then when my mom hid my Gameboy, at least my GBA was OK, even if she didn't find it for 6 years! But dang, you can't buy that anymore ether, can you? We may be on opposite teams, and this means you can't use it against me, but I would never want something like this to happen no mater how much I didn't want to face a gun! I do hope you are able to find a sutable replacement for this weekend.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:17 pm

That's such a sad loss :( Does the valve still work?
I've got 110 problems but a <Nice lady> Ain't one

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:25 pm

... Dude, that's an AP Gorgon. Just buy a new one for 20$. This is why I lend buzz bee guns to people that are, shall we say, less than careful/trustworthy with my guns.

On another note, the shell looks really crazy. You could probably saw the shell open and take the internals out, place them in an internally broken Gorgon's shell, or reshell it entirely. The reservoir and PC's are fine, right?
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 am

I'm trying to downsize my arsenal and make some money in the process. I hadn't decided if I wanted to keep the Gorgon or sell it. I was definitely going with sell up until recently. I had used it in a few around the yard battles/messing around and felt like it was basically on par with my Vindicator and stock 1200. I get a strange emotional attachment to guns that I use, especially if I'm the only one that uses it a lot. I know the Oncoming Storm and Martian Shark have Gorgons, but I haven't battled anyone else that has one. Still not sure if I'm going to rebuy. Probably not.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:14 pm

Dude, you can still sell it, to steal a Big Bang Theory joke, just sell it as slightly used.