THE SCREAMING VANQUISHER

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Poseidon2000
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

THE SCREAMING VANQUISHER

Post by Poseidon2000 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:36 pm

okay, so recentlly my ultimate vanquisher started screeching.

I thought it was doing that because i pumped too much... HOWEVER... in the last day or 2, it started screaming like a banshee! :cry:
I know it might not be, but could it be THE END?!?!?!?

any ideas to fix it? i don't want it to explode in a war.
:sucker: :soaked:

atvan

Re: THE SCREAMING VANQUISHER

Post by atvan » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:49 pm

Video…?

I personally have no idea.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:20 pm

I can't make one anytime soon, but i could describe the problem a little more.
this seems to happen a lot, but not all the time. It occurs the most and loudest when full.
pumping has ALOT of resistance when the sound comes.
This sound ends when i stop each pump. The slower i pump, the longer and somewhat louder the pump is.
I think something may be flawed in the firing chamber.
Idon't think my vanquisher is blasting as long as it should be. every setting shoots about 3 seconds for 15-20 pumps
Firing Strength is the same, however.

Sorry for making an essay instead of a video. I currently don't have my recording device. :( :oo:

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:36 pm

That would be the PRV kicking in (makes it so you can't put too much pressure in.). It's completely normal; mine does it too, and yes, it's annoying. The only advice I can give is to not pump it up quite as much.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:57 pm

ugh, I might have to try to put a pressure meter, because after about 5 or 6 pumps, the sound comes...my vanquisher might be an extreme case of that. :goofy: well, maybe WW ultimates or just the vanquisher isn't exactly the best choice for me...

but i still like my vanquisher right now because most of my opponents have equal or lesser blasters... but trust me, they WILL catch up just to "destroy" me :cool_liquidators: :blazer:

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:54 pm

That sounds like some sort of problem to me. 5-6 pumps is too low for a normal PRV, unless you've got a superpump…

However, ALL CAPS titles are unnecessary. Sorry, just me being iratable. :goofy:
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:17 pm

Ok, ok... i'll try not to do stuff like THIS or "THE SCREAMING VANQUISHER" anymore...
anyway... yeah, that is very low for pumps... however, pumping another ten times increases output, shot time, range, and muscles!
Just that screeching sound is annoying and the resistance. that sound may be my vanquisher's death cry soon. :(
This cannot happen!! :soakon2:

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:38 pm

Sounds like an O ring problem give it some water resistant luberacant and try then. My CPS 1200 had a stuck pump last year I tryed this and although it's not a fix it works for my gun, other wise you could just replace the pump O ring it would be more permanent than lubing it when ever you use it.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:01 pm

I'm with SEAL, that's probably just the PRV kicking in, sometimes they get very loud and screechy. The Ultimate Vanquisher has a low pressure chamber volume, so it's perfectly believable that the PRV kicks in after a few pumps (iSoaker's stats suggest it would take 7 pumps, but all soakers are different).

If you really can't stand it, you can disable the PRV, but that tends to do more harm than good.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:08 pm

If it's an 'Ultimate' Vanquisher then yes it probably is just the PRV. If it were the original, you'd be expecting a few more pumps before that happens. The original has an elastic pressure chamber, which holds more water volume than the ultimate which has an air pressure chamber (some space taken up by the air).

With an AP blaster the only way to power mod it is to 'modify' the PRV (be that removing it, or replacing the spring within it) but that also takes away your only safety feature, at which point it may well explode. :soaked:
Last edited by Andrew on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:12 pm

Yeah, I have the original version, and the PRV doesn't kick in until after like 20-30 pumps. I would have thought that 5-6 pumps would signal something wrong with the blaster, but if all Ultimate Vanquishers do that, then I guess everything's okay. Hey, at least you don't have to pump it as much. ;)
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:59 pm

Wow, there is a huge difference between the Ultimate Vanquisher and the original. I wonder why the PC volume was depleted from 45 oz to 6 oz. That's insane. Yet, the ultimate version has more nozzles and better range? Wow. SEAL, you must have to pump yours a long time. Isoaker, you refer to the original Vanquisher as the Vindicator in one part of your review.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:50 pm

marauder wrote:Wow, there is a huge difference between the Ultimate Vanquisher and the original. I wonder why the PC volume was depleted from 45 oz to 6 oz. That's insane. Yet, the ultimate version has more nozzles and better range? Wow. SEAL, you must have to pump yours a long time. Isoaker, you refer to the original Vanquisher as the Vindicator in one part of your review.
Hmm.. need to fix that.

As for the Ultimate Vanquisher versus the original, the difference is easy to explain: air PC versus rubber bladder. The original had a CPS-like internal rubber bladder while the latter had to have an air-pressure-PC due to the injunction faced by Buzz Bee Toys. 5-6 pumps before the PRV kicks in is likely more normal for the Ultimate version since its PC volume is so much less.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:43 pm

it's just the PRV. mine screams bloody murder within 4 pumps, so i guess pre-charging is not as good as an idea for this thing.
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

Poseidon2000

Re: the screamin' vanquisher

Post by Poseidon2000 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:39 am

Ugghh...
i think my vanquisher sucks.. :oo:
i know i cant help the prv screech, but it always shoots like a broken drinking fountain. all those great reviews for trash made 20 bucks burn. eh, i still got my cpses. :D

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:39 pm

It shouldn't be that bad, the ones I've seen don't shoot too badly. Does it shoot like that with or without pre-charging? If you over pre-charge it, the increased pressure can ruin lamination (my XP70 does this). If it's without pre-charging, there could be some 'flash' or debris in the nozzle selector or elsewhere in the pipe exiting the valve disrupting the flow.