water warriors cricket repair help

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

water warriors cricket repair help

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:21 pm

Both of my crickets need fixing the trigger on one gun is dieing and the other one's trigger is complete brocken. The valve won't close or stays open. One problem is that if the nozzle cover is glued like it was on my hornet I will need a way to open it without destroying it. Once I get it open the repair should be simple just a rubber band mod.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

Andrew

Re: water warriors cricket repair help

Post by Andrew » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:06 pm

It may not be as simple as a rubber band mod. As far as I can tell from this pic (courtesy of NERFHAVEN [zoom out in-browser or double-click the image if it's too large to see all of the blaster]):
the cricket has a ball valve and the nozzle cover doesn't appear to be glued. It may be a worn spring, or a snapped armature/ trigger lever (repairs for such are either on SSC, WWn or iSn forums, or on SSC repairs website (I can't find them at the minute but will keep looking. I'm on holiday and have nothing but my phone to browse with, which is harder to use than I expected! :goofy: ).

That said, BB has been ditching ball valves for pull valves recently (the new Gorgon for example). Depending on how old your crickets are, they could possibly be either.

If you (or anyone else [I'll keep looking but can't promise anything]) can find the NERFHAVEN article from which this pic originated (I just used google images, but for some reason couldn't go to the webpage) you might find some disassembly guidance there.

Good Luck!

EDIT: The NERFHAVEN thread is just about posting internals pics. No guide I'm afraid.

EDIT (AGAIN!):

These may be of help (assuming it is a ball valve):

Orca repair
General ball valve repairs

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:13 am

It seems to be a pull valve because the rate that water leaks out the nozzle decreases or stops as I pressurize the gun's I will open them on Saturday and see about fixing them. I'm glad the nozzle cover isn' t glued so that makes it easyer, I will let you know how it goes.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:00 am

I am impressed at how absolutely no space is wasted in the Cricket. This is an efficient pistol in so many different ways.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.