Cricket fixed - Gun at the bottom of the lake

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Cricket fixed - Gun at the bottom of the lake

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:33 am

I just fixed my Crickets! Very funny story, after I got home I decided to try and find my other broken WW Cricket - the one I found at the bottom of a lake and never tested it since it was missing the cap. The way the tether on Crickets is designed, you don't even need to cut it to get it out. And holly cow, the lake gun worked! I had to lubricate the pump a little, but even the pressure gauge (something my new ones don't have) works! Not bad for a gun found in a lake. :cool_liquidators: The old one also seems to have slightly higher output, among other subtle differences such as an intake hose (which everyone knows I hate) instead of just a hole.

This morning I decided to test my broken one one more time, it still shot funny, but this time it was even worse. When I looked at the nozzle I saw something funny sticking part way out of it; I pulled it out with some needle nose pliers. Turns an extra piece of plastic in the tank broke off and got jammed in the plumbing! :D
Now I had two working guns and one that worked but was missing the cap so couldn't be used. I have to say though, BBT must really have been thinking, because the cap to my old XP-270 (which got dropped and exploded, literally), fit it perfectly!

Now I have 3 working Crickets and couldn't be happier! I'm thinking of repainting my two new ones, they are really bland and since I mainly use them for night wars I'm thinking all black with subtle red strips. The lake gun is going to stay as is, it has a much cooler stock paint job then the new ones. I am thinking of putting a sticker with the Buffalo Gap logo on it, since I really just kept it all this time as a reminder of my last year at that place before it was turned into condos.
Attachments
My new Crickets with the old one in between
My new Crickets with the old one in between
WW Crickets Resized.jpg (115.8 KiB) Viewed 2573 times
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Cricket fixed - Gun at the bottom of the lake

Post by marauder » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:07 pm

That's awesome! I'm very glad you could fix them. It's also cool that you have 3 dif color variants. I really like the Crickets, but I probably won't get one except to review for Hydrowar and then sell. Lately I've been looking more into style as an element of combat. I may write an article on this eventually. Basically, I associate Crickets with you. There'd be nothing wrong with using them myself, but I really like ppl having their own style, like characters in a story. I will be writing more about this concept later...
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:58 pm

Personally, I think you should swith the caps of the newer ones, but if you pain't them nevermind.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:57 pm

atvan wrote:Personally, I think you should swith the caps of the newer ones, but if you pain't them nevermind.
Actually, I think I did already, I was trying to make them a little less plain by making the caps not match.
marauder4 wrote: Basically, I associate Crickets with you. There'd be nothing wrong with using them myself, but I really like ppl having their own style, like characters in a story.
I think they fit me well, I have always been good with pistols. The first (and only) Nerf outing I went to, I sucked honorably in all the rounds using multiple different guns. Then in the pistol only round, I beet the event organizer and won the round! I have a little less success in water wars because even the best pistol stand pretty much no chance against classic CPS guns, but in night wars, or wars without CPS guns, those Crickets serve me well :ninja:
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:42 pm

I have a little less success in water wars because even the best pistol stand pretty much no chance against classic CPS gun
Unrelated, but I assure you I'm working on fixing that with a homemade :D

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:48 am

mr. dude wrote:
I have a little less success in water wars because even the best pistol stand pretty much no chance against classic CPS gun
Unrelated, but I assure you I'm working on fixing that with a homemade :D
The problem I think you run into with that is that to get more range you also need to increase the output. My Water Warriors Vipers have this problem, they have slightly better range and 2-3 times the output of other pistols, but they are too big to fit in my cargo pants and run out of water after only 10 seconds of firing. The trick is we need to find a way to make them shoot farther wile keeping the same, or only slightly higher output -- Unless we can find a way to make them hold more water while still taking up the same space, in which case why would we be using it to make water guns?!? :lol: NASA, Dear Park, Toyota, anyone? :P

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:05 am

Short of compressing the water into 'hot ice' or ice IV, which would need a VERY strong PC and air pump, I can't think of any other way at the minute. :goofy:

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:40 pm

i went canoeing a few hours ago and someone's canoe had a few of those in it
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:17 am

scottthewaterwarrior wrote:The trick is we need to find a way to make them shoot farther wile keeping the same, or only slightly higher output -- Unless we can find a way to make them hold more water while still taking up the same space, in which case why would we be using it to make water guns?!? :lol: NASA, Dear Park, Toyota, anyone? :P
I hear there's this guy named Lonnie Johnson, down at NASA who might be interested in getting in the watergun business.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:43 pm

He was the original voice of Bugs Bunny, right?

Really, I'm just sacrificing reservoir capacity for PC capacity, that's all there is to my plan.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:03 am

marauder4 wrote: I hear there's this guy named Lonnie Johnson, down at NASA who might be interested in getting in the watergun business.
Lol! Man I wish, I wonder what he thinks of the new Super Soakers? I really want him to bust in there and lay down the law, "we are going to make a new gun, the CPS 9001" :P (I hope every one gets that referance)