CPS 1200 help

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

CPS 1200 help

Post by the oncoming storm » Thu May 31, 2012 12:38 pm

Sigh, my 1200 needs work, the end cap snapped off the CPVC glue didn't help, and I need to rubber band mod the trigger it's iffy (any Ideas on how to open an Mk2 1200?) I don't want to write it off.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

Andrew

Re: CPS 1200 help

Post by Andrew » Thu May 31, 2012 4:28 pm

When you say end cap, is that the nozzle cover, or the pump rod c.over? If its the nozzle cover, and all of it has come off and reasonably cleanly, it will be easier to open the blaster.

Stripping the blaster depends on whether the nozzle and/or covers are glued on or not (varies by type of CPS 1200, older models generally being easier to open as these covers aren't glued on). If they are glued on (and if it is a mk2 then I think at least the nozzle cover is), you'll have to either pull them off (if there isn't much glue) or cut them off (without damaging the internals). Cutting will normally make the blaster more flimsy as these covers usually help hold it all together. Pics of your blaster (and what exactly has come off) would be very helpful.

From what others have said, these stock blasters are not made of PVC, so PVC glue probably won't work. Some kind of epoxy maybe? If it's something you think you might want to take of later then use a very small amount (so you can break it off again) or find some way of attaching it yet making it easily removeable (electrical tape doesn't look great, but it should do the trick).

EDIT: This thread is pretty relevant.

Again, pics please. It makes it easier for us to help! :)

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:43 pm

Sigh I will just replace it with a gorgon.

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:11 pm

Put it in the marketplace. Somebody will likely buy it off you.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

Jeffman3

Post by Jeffman3 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:13 pm

Dibs! (If you decide to sell it)

Send me a PM with a price- I've been looking for a fixer upper CPS-class blaster. You can be sure it'll go to a good home with me- very ideal conditions in my house for storing them, and I like to play with my toys so it will definitely see repairs and improvements.

Just sayin'.

I bought my buddy a Gorgon for his 21st birthday (long story) and the thing is an absolute monster... If you go that route you won't be disappointed.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:37 pm

I've got it open now thanks to M4, but an old problem has come back to haunt me. Remember last year when my Casing cracked ? Well I glued the casing to the PC casing and now I need to unglue it.