CPS 1200 pump shaft

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
TheSoaker

CPS 1200 pump shaft

Post by TheSoaker » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:11 pm

I need some help apparently the pump shaft of me CPS 1200 snapped about 1 minute ago and the war outside my house is raging still anyways the break is close to the bottom of the shaft and I need help. ok i'd better get back in the war with my CPS 3000. Ill post pics later.
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: CPS 1200 pump shaft

Post by marauder » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:31 pm

This should be a quick fix. Get a wooden dowel from a home improvement store, put some epoxy, glue, whatever on it and place it inside the 2 broken pieces and bring them together. Touch up the broken edges with a little epoxy. Let that dry and you should be fine.

I always reinforce my pumps so this doesn't happen. Always reinforce. http://hydrowar.com/modspumpreinforcement.html

Be sure to write up a good war story when it's over and take pictures of the battle if you can!
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:10 pm

yeah it's not that simple look: Image the part on the left is the seal and the part on the right is the rest of the pump shaft.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:44 pm

Next time take a picture further back from your subject, that way the flash doesn't wash the photo subject. You can always crop the image to focus on the part you're talking about. Since cameras these days take photos with such large file sizes you'll still get a good size pic of what you want.

I have never seen a pump snap that low before. Usually I see breaks in the middle. It looks like you have a little less than an inch of room to work with on the left side. I still say put a dowel in it and epoxy it. It will be difficult, but if you can put it in a clamp then it should be fine. If your dad is the handy man type he should be able to help you lock the 2 pieces together.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Fri May 04, 2012 1:39 pm

well it's fixed. i rammed a metal rod through the shaft and epoxied it and now it works. after the repair I also upgraded the laminator with drinking straws and installed a new conical nozzle which produces a VERY smooth stream. also I can now fill water balloons with it . ill post pics soon!