Help! Hasbro Support. - Broken Water Guns.

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Striker

Post by Striker » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:47 pm

Hello. I have recently registered.

I need help on one thing. My Max-D 6000 trigger snapped, and my CPS 1-3-5 has a broken pump cap, and the trigger has a problem where only I can press 5 streams. I think this has been mentioned before, but cannot find the article. Both are stock guns, and have NEVER been modified. I foolishly threw them away after they broke, and after reading this forum, learned you could get a new gun from Hasbro if you contacted them. However, Hasbro support said they were outside warranty already. Any help?

Those XP-Backfiresqes (I think that's an insult here.)

Striker

Post by Striker » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:48 pm

Sorry for double post, but I also have the receipt, if that helps.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:31 pm

You can't return discontinued water guns to Hasbro. Even if they will give you something, they'll give you a recent water gun. You'd be better off repairing these problems.

Describe these problems in more detail. What part of the trigger snapped in the Max-D 6000? By pump cap in the CPS 1-3-5, do you mean the pump handle or the actual part that closes the end of the case around the pump? The 5 nozzle problem can be fixed, but you'll have to seal off the 4 other nozzles.

Hopefully you can repair your water guns. :)

Croc

Post by Croc » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:44 am

The 5 nozzle problem can be fixed, but you'll have to seal off the 4 other nozzles.

couldn't you just lube the trigger valve and trigger on the 1-3-5?
If worst comes to worst and you cant fix the guns Striker, just return them, if it is still possible and get a twin pack or a good WW gun if you can find it.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:17 am

couldn't you just lube the trigger valve and trigger on the 1-3-5?

The problem isn't the trigger. It's something in the firing valve. I don't have any experience with CPS 1-3-5s, but from what I know about how they work, firing from all 5 nozzles would mean that the trigger is pulled back too far too quickly. Lubricating the inside of the firing valve seems to me as if it would make that problem worse simply because it would move faster! Good luck opening the CPS 1-3-5's firing valve as well - from what I know it's sealed shut.

The easiest thing to do simply would be to seal off the other nozzles. You get the added bonus of repairing a problem the water gun had from the start.

@Croc: You need to get rid of all those silly images in your signature. One image is enough - two is just getting plain too long and annoying. Your signature is longer than probably all of your posts. The animation of the second one is really distracting as well. There's a reason I periodically disable images in signatures at Super Soaker Central.

Rook

Post by Rook » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:24 am

Didn't he already say that he threw them out? I think this is just a question regarding replacement, and a question as to why they broke, not how to repair them.
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:13 am

Didn't read that.

The general rule is to never throw away any broken water guns anyway. At worst you can use one for parts. I've repaired enough and researched repairs enough to know that most every problem is fixable.

Throwing them out also would negate the effects of having the receipt. You do have to return the water guns after all... Never throw away borken water guns! I think I might make a service on my website where we buy your broken water guns. Some people can repair 90% of what most people assume is completely broken.