WW trigger mech issues

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Nitro123PG

WW trigger mech issues

Post by Nitro123PG » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:00 pm

Hello there. No, I'm not asking for repair advice. I've been a member for almost a year, I don't suck AS bad at repairing water guns as I did last year. :goofy:
But all of my WW guns have trigger issues. First, my Hydra. I really like my Hydra, you can read my review on it on the iSoaker Armoury page. However, the trigger mech has worn down. The stream does not stop instantly when I let go of the trigger. It takes almost an entire second for the stream to completely stop. This gun isn't even a year old. I plan on opening it once I fix the rest of my gun. Second, the Renegade. It was made in 2009, but I bought mine NIB in 2011 during a super sale from Nerf Mods and Reviews. It underwent normal use through about half a season. Especially since my CPS 1000 found a way to leak in pretty much every pipe in the gun. However, at the end of the season, to my dismay, the trigger broke. I worked, but it wouldn't go back to it's original position without me tugging it back. I was wondering if anyone else had these issues with WW guns. (In October, just before my annual water warfare hiatus I put the leaky CPS 1000, overly nozzle drilled Arctic Blast, broken XP 150, and two WW with bad triggers. Now I get to repair them all!)

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: WW trigger mech issues

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:35 pm

So far I only have one WW gun with problems and that is one of my two Vindicators the trigger doesn't close (besides the Firefly I found swimming in a lake). At first it just took a second but now doesn't close at all. If any one can give advice on how to fix ether of our guns (no promises on when I will get around to trying) it would be greatly appreciated.

In my experience though WW is very reliable, that Vindicator went through two seasons of heavy use which is much better then any newer SS gun I have.

Edit: Actually what I really need help with is how to remove the nozzle selector. I undid the screw but it still didn't want to come off.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:20 pm

scottthewaterwarrior wrote:Edit: Actually what I really need help with is how to remove the nozzle selector. I undid the screw but it still didn't want to come off.
Unless you're trying to fix something with the nozzle selector, itself, I do not recall needing to remove it to open the casing. See Water Warriors Vindicator internal pictures for reference.

As for triggers losing their ability to close, I wonder whether the problem lies more in spring fatigue or in valve joint hardening. I've experiences lag in some blasters' nozzle closing speeds, but I probably don't push my blasters as hard as some of you guys do. That said, the timing of this thread is fortuitous. More on that soon...

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:30 pm

Actually the time I tried to get it off was on my other Vindicator because the .5x (or what ever the smallest nozzle setting is) got jammed. It is not that I ever use it, it basically lives on the 3x setting, but I wanted to fix it anyway. I had never really looked at the internal pics since I have yet to attempt to fix my broken Vindicator, but now that I see them it looks much easier to open then most of Hasbro's stuff with glued pump caps and such.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:38 am

Heh, iSoaker's post is killing me. Why does this thread have such fortuitous timing? :D

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:00 am

Nitro123PG wrote:Heh, iSoaker's post is killing me. Why does this thread have such fortuitous timing? :D
If you haven't been paying attention to the Members Only forum, I can't help you any further than that.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:03 pm

Oh.. uh... heh, yeah, I never look at those. I guess I will now... :oops: