CPS 1000 needs repair

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Nitro123PG

CPS 1000 needs repair

Post by Nitro123PG » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:08 pm

Hey there. Most of my water blaster are broken right now, and I'm currently working on my Renegade and CPS 1000. A spring in the Renegade's trigger system broke and that should be fixed with no problems. My CPS 1000, however, as usual, is being difficult.
The pressure chamber casing is cracked in several areas, and a piece even fell off. I plan on doing a light K-Mod on my 1000, but what should I do with the PCC?
1. Keep it, try to repair/epoxy the old case
2. Buy a spare PCC from someone on iSoaker
3. Build a new PCC

I, personnaly, think option 2 is the best. I don't want to use a cracked case, and I am terrible at building anything. I would rathers just buy something from someone here. If your willing to do business, just shoot me a PM.

EDIT: I have just finished the K-Mod. I put 20 layers. About how much of a range increase can I expect?
Last edited by Nitro123PG on Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DX

Re: CPS 1000

Post by DX » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:20 pm

I could sell you a case, but you'll need to know the version of 1000 that you have. I have two PC casings and they actually are not the same. The fit on the plastic barb when clamped on may be different for each.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Nitro123PG

Re: CPS 1000

Post by Nitro123PG » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:51 pm

I think I have the Mk. 3, because the nozzle is glued down and cannot be screwed off.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: CPS 1000 needs repair

Post by marauder » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:20 am

Nitro123PG wrote: EDIT: I have just finished the K-Mod. I put 20 layers. About how much of a range increase can I expect?
I'm going to just make an estimate and say 5 feet range increase. I have noted differences among different marks of the 1000, but range has always been relatively (foot or 2) constant. The thing is, I think the mk3 has a smaller nozzle than the mk1 or mk2 http://hydrowar.com/cps1000.html. At least, I measured it being smaller. The significance of this is that a larger nozzle (up to a point) will give you more significant range increases.

At least, this was true with the 1500s when I tested this theory out: I plotted # of balloons (X axis) vs range (Y axis). It's an excel file that I want to put on Hydrowar eventually. I want to eventually do this with other CPS guns as well.

If the nozzle is indeed smaller on all mk3s, they might get less of a range increase than a k modded mk1 or mk2. DX would probably have a better idea on this, however.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.