resivour/firing chamber question

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Obese_Panda

resivour/firing chamber question

Post by Obese_Panda » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:22 pm

Is filling up your gun pumping it fully and then topping it of with some more water. i want to know because i use it a lot but im not sure if its bad for the gun or not. thanks though!!!! :cps2500:
Goooo Red Sox!!!

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: resivour/firing chamber question

Post by SEAL » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:31 pm

It's only bad if your blaster has a pressurized reservoir, in which case, upon opening the cap, you will be greeted with a blast of water. It's perfectly fine for blasters with a separate pressure chamber however (Air or CPS.), and I believe quite a few people do it. It gives you a slightly larger water supply.

Remember what I said about PR (Pressurized Reservoir.) blasters though.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

atvan

Post by atvan » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:12 pm

Most of us here use or are at least aware of that tactic. With guns like a CPS 2100, it gives you 4 sots instead of 3, a significant increase.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:53 pm

SEAL wrote:It's only bad if your blaster has a pressurized reservoir, in which case, upon opening the cap, you will be greeted with a blast of water. It's perfectly fine for blasters with a separate pressure chamber however (Air or CPS.), and I believe quite a few people do it. It gives you a slightly larger water supply.

Remember what I said about PR (Pressurized Reservoir.) blasters though.
He could only have been referring to separate-chamber blasters because it is physically impossible to top off a PR.

Topping off is more common than you think. A lot of friends who attend my water wars do it.

@atvan: You mean 4-full reservoirs instead of 3, not shots. Nobody with any sense fires a full 2100 PC off in one shot without pumping.

Topping off does not really work on certain WW blasters; the Vanquisher and Vindicator in particular. This is because their CPS bladders occupy the reservoir space, which expands into the reservoir. Topping off is also avoided if it takes too long to be worth doing, and adds additional weight to the blaster.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

atvan

Post by atvan » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:50 pm

And you mean 4 full PCs, not reservoirs. I consider a "shot", when used in that sense, as a full PC shot.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

DX

Post by DX » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:03 am

If we are nitpicking, it is 4 full pressurizations, since the PC might have leftover water that wasn't fired in the previous shot :p
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Me_Soak_U

Post by Me_Soak_U » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:04 am

I think the only thing that could be bad would be if you leave it pressurized for a very long time. Other than that I think its good.
Keep Soaking!
Me_Soak_U
If you like water guns check out my youtube channel here:http://www.youtube.com/user/XxRnMproductionsxX
I'm That Guy With The 1700. Yeah the guy who drenched you? That's Me!

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:28 am

You should as M4 a question about long term pressurization. :p
Beware the Purple

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:56 pm

-__- Stupid typo...

Long term pressurization (at full pressure) could have effects on the PRV, but I guess only M4 would know lol.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:28 pm

Don't leave a CPS pressurized for too long. It will weaken the bladder. That used to actually be printed on old CPS guns.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:35 pm

Tell thta to M4. The water pressure may have helped.
Beware the Purple