SS XP 150 problem

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
kotis

SS XP 150 problem

Post by kotis » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:33 pm

New to the forum so bear with me. I bought an XP 150 from a garage sale yesterday for 2 dollars. its made by Larami and says 1993 on it. Got it home, put water in it and gave it a test run. When I pump it up water shoots out of the nozzle without any pressure building up and the trigger seems to do nothing at all. Also there is a slight leak/ heavy drip coming out around the orange nozzle seal. The water will shoot up to nearly 20 feet, but is there anything I can do to get the trigger to work and get it to build up pressure? i haven't taken it apart yet, because i need to get a small screw driver to get the screws out. If anyone has run into this problem before let me know, any help would be appreciated.

-John

atvan

Re: SS XP 150 problem

Post by atvan » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:49 pm

Welcome to isoaker.net!

You will likely need to preform the rubber band repair.

@isoaker- could you make this post avalible in the sidebar? I feel like a robot typing this every time, and I have responded to these at least ten times this season.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

kotis

Post by kotis » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:56 pm

thanks for the help with that one, however the trigger seems to have no effect either, could this just be a bad spring? or will fixing that valve with the rubber band make the trigger work also?

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:29 am

Open it up and take pictures. More than you think you need. That will help us.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

DX

Post by DX » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:34 pm

When a gun has an open valve problem, the trigger will not do anything (since it pulls the valve open and the valve is already partly open). The rubber band repair should work here, just remember to use the thick bands like in the SSC picture (available at supermarkets in the fresh vegetable section). Also, don't pull the firing pin back more than the trigger does. Not every pin goes all the way back when fired even though it could physically go further. Just be careful handling the pin and when you do pull it back, use the trigger and hold the casing down if the gun is still open.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers