ss 100 super repair!

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:14 pm

hello there, i'm a new member.
anyway, i am repairing my ss 100, but rather than just repair it i'm trying to give it more cps-like technology. i already added 1 baloon to the pressure chamber (out of baloons). should i do anything else now? i have absolutely no more ideas in mind for what to add (other than a capped resevoir, don't know how i'm going to do that).

Croc

Post by Croc » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:32 pm

get more balloons:rock:

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:34 pm

well other than that

Edited By mr. dude on 1141436097

Croc

Post by Croc » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:37 pm

u can buy some balloons :soakon:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:11 pm

@Mr. Dude and Croc: Firstly, welcome to the board! However, please avoid one-line posts. While sometimes acceptable, many such posts in succession look bad. This is a message board, not a chat room. Thanks for understanding!

That said, there have been some experiments by others on converting air-pressure soakers into CPS-like soakers. However, from my understanding, the benefit of doing so is usually quite limited and rarely worth the effort. In particular, older-generation soakers like the SS 100 only use a pinching mechanism for the trigger valve. As such, it really cannot withstand significantly increased pressures as compared to the ball-valve-based trigger mechanisms of new soakers.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:35 pm

the trigger is not a problem at all the way i'm going, due to the fact that i'm not even getting half the pressure the ss100 would normally have! right now my goal is to get more pressure than a squirt pistol :( .
i also could try reinforcing the trigger (if that would help).
any more suggestions (and no not similar to croc's suggestions please :p )

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:56 pm

Don't modify a Super Soaker 100 that way. That would be the best advice anyone can give you. If you want more power than a squirt piston, you have that without modification. :;):

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:07 pm

One tiiiiiiiny problem with that, it was already broken, (nozzle broke off, pc leaking, rest of the gun leaking) so i didn't exactly have more power. thanks for the advice though.
also i could try to completely rebuild the trigger mechanism and make it slightly more powerful (similar to xp kind of mechanism).
i think you can tell by now that i'm the kind of person that will carry through a project until it fails or succeeds :D

Edited By mr. dude on 1141442769

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:50 am

Here's what you have to do then:

1) Repair all leaks.
2) Replace the trigger valve, preferably with something simple such as a ball valve.
3) Put a new nozzle with an appropriately sized orifice on the other end of the trigger valve.

Or altenatively, you could put the water gun into storage for parts later. Sometimes you can't repair everything, nor would it be worth the effort to repair. Putting things into storage as opposed to discarding them gives you a few more parts to use in a potential repair later.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:40 am

Doom hit the nail on the head there.

I hate losing guns, but not fixing your gun and using it as parts is actually a good idea. I gave up on my CPS 1-3-5 not too long ago, and the parts are already being used. :p Trigger was hacked up and is now my Monster's trigger, pressure chamber will eventually be put in my CPS 2100, pump and handle is replacing a friends CPS1000 pump (broken in half). Parting out one gun to save others is a good idea, as long as you don't need that gun. By that I mean do go out parting a CPS 2000 because of a little problem. :p

DX

Post by DX » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:01 pm

I gave up on my CPS 1-3-5 not too long ago, and the parts are already being used. :p Trigger was hacked up and is now my Monster's trigger, pressure chamber will eventually be put in my CPS 2100

I wouldn't do a "1-3-21", because someone else did one and reported that it still wasn't very good.

I generally try to save guns, parting them out is a last resort. My original 2 21K triggers and pcs were salvaged for use in other guns, but not before attempts to fix them.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:49 pm

now i am repairing the leaks, i tried using masking tape, but that would simply fall off, so i decided on using modelling putty, which is working amazingly.
also, i looked through the site and found the internals of some water guns, and i liked the trigger system of the pirahna. what do you guys think?

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:34 pm

i finally got more baloons (15 to be exact), and decided i want to add a ball valve trigger where the see-through tubing would originally be. so i could add all fifteen ballons to the pc, but i could barely fit 3 over each other. so should i stop there or try and go past 5?

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:46 pm

Well, I would go for five. Any more, and it becomes a little hard. Any less and it isn't really worth it. Please, don't hack up your SS100 to put in a ball valve if it still works. There is no point, and the SS100 looks awesome without a ball valve sticking out of it. :p

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:51 pm

i don't need to hack it up, i very easily unscrewed the see-through tube. i might just call this my semi-hommade :p , because i won't even use the plastic casing

Edited By mr. dude on 1143852859

dragonclass

Post by dragonclass » Tue May 09, 2006 11:15 am

I've got to repair a N&I version. How hard is it to tear apart? I think the PC's gasket is leaking by. Any tips would be appriciated. Thanks, Brad
Brad Beaty
Engineman 1st class(ret)
US Naval Expeditionary Command(NECC)

Don't think outside the box...There Is No Box

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sun May 28, 2006 3:50 pm

UPDATE: I've used 4 balloons so far, and I'm considering adding more. But first of all I have to test it, so I still need a ball valve (it seems like I need a 1/4" ball valve). Also I want to replace the reservoir with a hommade reservoir, just so I can use a cap.
dragonclass, it's not that hard to open up. Just un screw the screws, pry open any glued parts (they're useless anyway) and the gun is open!