XP 150 pump seal repair HELP

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Nitro123PG

XP 150 pump seal repair HELP

Post by Nitro123PG » Sat May 14, 2011 8:11 pm

My XP 150's pump seal is mutilated. Should I attempt to reapir it, (and how) or make a homemade pump seal?

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Re: XP 150 pump seal repair HELP

Post by thelaminator » Sat May 14, 2011 8:20 pm

well, for starters, we need to know how the seal is "mutalated"- it could be a number of things, the o-ring could have worn down, fallen off, broke, or some combination of the three. if the ring is warped in any way, there is no way of fixing it other than putting a new ring in place. if it merely came off, just put it in place.
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Sat May 14, 2011 11:27 pm

I don't see any kind of O-ring, but I'm talking about the standard black ring. The part that is messed up is an orange part at the front end of the pump shaped like a bowl. It is bent around the edges.

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Sun May 15, 2011 4:58 am

Well, this orange, bowl shaped piece IS the seal-part here. THis is also used in SS 300, XP 300 and XP 250. You can try to give it a round shape again. If it is destroyed too much you can just screw it off(there is often a screw inside) and add an o-ring somewhere at the end of the pump-rod.

If you cannot repair the original bowl you will have to be creativ and build up an own seal-system :)

Good luck