Pulse Master Problem

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
soakernerd

Pulse Master Problem

Post by soakernerd » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:27 pm

I was so pleased with the PM I received from Isoaker, that I ordered another one off of ebay. Both the eBay PM and Isoaker's arrived NIB, with complete packaging. However, on one of them (I think its the eBay one), the PRV releases early, and you can hear the water leaking out of the PC and into the reservoir. It has shorter range and shot time. Is there any way for me to fix this? If I just plugged the valve, would I be in danger of harming the gun?

isoaker

Re: Pulse Master Problem

Post by isoaker » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:08 pm

I think I experienced that problem on another of the Pulse series water blasters, but don't recall which one at the moment. Didn't attempt a repair. I suppose the main danger is that without a PRV, if one then pumps a lot of water into the PC, you may end up really straining parts of the plastic and tubing that may lead to rupture at some other part of the blaster. Not sure if anyone has ever attempted a PRV pressure adjustment as opposed to a full freezing. Should be theoretically possible to adjust the pressure at which the PRV activates, but not sure whether it is worth the effort.

As an aside, I hope it's the eBay one since I'd feel bad if I ended up sending you a faulty blaster (though I wouldn't know since the blasters I ship are all NIB).

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:18 pm

I was looking back through the archives about this problem, and someone (fox?) said they had this problem with the PS, so it seems like a fairly common flaw in the line. He said he would attempt a PRV removal, but didn't say how it went. Presumably, the pump would get much harder to move without the valve, and I'd know when to stop pumping.

I think it was the eBay one, since I didn't notice it when I first tested yours.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:32 pm

It should be okay if you remove the PR. Just don't pump it more than 5 times.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:47 pm

Where exactly is the PRV? It isn't by the pump, like in most guns.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:21 pm

Not by the pump, but it is part of the assembly that the tube leading from the pump goes to. See this pic

If you don't see that part in your blaster, need to see a pic of your blaster's internals.

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:10 am

Which tube do I cut? The one closest to the PC, or the one closer to the top of the gun?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:02 am

My guess would be the bottom part of the assembly, but I'm not 100% sure. If possible, pump the blaster when it's open and see if you can figure out which is the PRV valve by listening for sounds.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:10 am

The PRV should lead back to the reservoir, so just look for the tubing that extends from the pump back to the tank. From the pic iSoaker posted, it does look like the bottom one.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Sun May 01, 2011 1:44 pm

I just did the mod/repair, and it works great. I drilled a hole in the bottom tube and filled it with epoxy. The pump just freezes when it is full, so there is no danger of overpumping.
At some point while it was opened, I must have tweaked the valve by accident, so I can now do tap shots! The pressure from the PC used keep the valve open for a second.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed May 04, 2011 11:12 pm

Missed this post, but glad your repair/modification worked out!