Water Warriors Sphynx: Internal Pics

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
isoaker

Water Warriors Sphynx: Internal Pics

Post by isoaker » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:01 am

Water Warriors Sphynx Internal pictures posted.

As others have found out already, seems like Buzz Bee Toys is making use of pull valves as opposed to ball valves these days. Also neat to see how they changed the PC from a Hydro Power one to an air pressure one. For comparison, check out the Water Warriors Piranha Internal pictures page. It's interesting to note that they opted to mount the PC's opening at an angle as opposed to vertically as this configuration should give better performance when firing the blaster with the nozzle aimed upwards.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Water Warriors Sphynx: Internal Pics

Post by HBWW » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:36 pm

Doesn't look like the flow is being improved much, if at all, with the pull valves. They do seem to be trying though, or they found a way to manufacture pull valves for less than ball valves, not sure. (It may also be due to durability/maintenance concerns.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:36 pm

That's just what the Gorgon looked like (except with two PCs).
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:43 pm

Hasbro couldn't have claimed a patent on the use of ball valves in water pistols could they? The way patent law is nowadays, it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:33 pm

I don't believe the choice of BBT to use pull valves had to do with the lawsuit. I'm hoping pull valves prove to be more durable and perhaps even allow for better overall flow rates at a reasonable manufacturing cost (let's face it, the original CPS series all used pull valves).

As for the Gorgon, martianshark's sketch was fairly accurate, but I'll be posting pics of that in a few days as well.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: