CPS 1200 Leaking

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
martianshark

CPS 1200 Leaking

Post by martianshark » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:25 pm

My water guns always seem to have leaking problems. My Vanquisher leaks when I'm filling the reservoir. My CPS 2700 leaks a bit when pumping.. And now my brand new CPS 1200 leaks a TON after shooting it. Water mostly leaks out around the trigger/grip. Does anyone know why it leaks while I'm shooting it? Do you have leaking problems? Is there a way to fix it?
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

isoaker

Re: CPS 1200 Leaking

Post by isoaker » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:01 pm

If your blaster is leaking heavily when you're shooting it and/or after you've shot it, but pumps and pressurized without problem, that means there's either a problem with the nozzle valve or there is a problem with the tubing after the nozzle valve leading to the nozzle opening, itself.

As in most cases with internal leaking problems, you'll need to verify where the leak is occurring before any real suggestions can be made on how to fix it. In this case, opening up the blaster seems like the next step if you want to really determine what's going on.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:10 pm

Thanks isoaker, I have nothing more to add... :goofy:

Just Open blaster, pressurize, fire and see where the water comes from, as isoaker already said :)

:cps2700:

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:07 pm

Is it definitely not water dripping down from when you filled it? I thought by guns were ALL broken, until I realized they were "leaking" water from the hose.