Orca repair problems.

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Nitro123PG

Orca repair problems.

Post by Nitro123PG » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:58 pm

First off, this is the 2nd broken water gun I've recived from a neighbor in less than a week. This is a good week for me... But this isn't an XP 150. This is a 2007 ORCA from a 9 year-olds sandbox. :| At least it was free... Anyway, I washed it, and it's in better shape than I thought. Everything is functonal except the trgger. It gets stuck when pulled. I assume it has to do with sand, but there are 3 stripped screws in the gun, and they're pretty deep in the gun. If I fix this thing, it'll probably replace my Sneak Attack as my secondary.

martianshark

Re: Orca repair problems.

Post by martianshark » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:26 pm

Try opening it up and blasting out the internals with a hose. To get out the stripped screws, you have to drill them out or use a special screw-removing tool.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:35 pm

Well, the Orca is open. There is sand and, possibly, mold or fungus in the tubing. Bleh, my neighbors need to take better care of their guns... (but them trashing it is the reason I own a free Orca, so...)
And, (more problems, whoppe) some of the metal parts are rusted up, which is probably the reason the trigger gets stuck. I'm going to pry off the tubing and clean them as I wait for a response...

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:48 am

I've encountered some pretty nasty ecosystems when cleaning out two 4100's of a friend. However, as far as I care, the tubes and internals were clean enough for the blaster to operate. Shooting a few cycles should clean it up, but if you have trouble, use warm soapy water. (Or whatever iSc recommended; be careful as some stuff can damage the rubber bladder.)

Lubrication can help some problems. Lubricate the ball valve of the trigger, and add a rubber band to aid the spring. This will reduce the chances of it getting stuck to being very low. It will also operate much more smoothly.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:35 am

Phew, I was half expecting a response saying I'd have to trash my free Orca. I didn't pry any pipes, and I'm going to clean the pipes first.

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:27 am

I've spent the last half hour flushing some warm, dilute, soapy water throughout the Orca, and will be doing so for the next few days. Let's hope for the best. Then I'll be fixing that trigger.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:18 pm

Rule 1 of water blaster workshops: Never trash anything. Even if it really is unrepairable to a reasonable extent (everything is repairable, it just depends how much you're willing to fix before drawing the line), it can be used for spare parts.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat