Nerf Super Soaker Hydro Cannon: Internal Pics

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
isoaker

Nerf Super Soaker Hydro Cannon: Internal Pics

Post by isoaker » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:23 am

Nerf Super Soaker Hydro Cannon Internal Pics posted.

Lots of screws (at least 4 different types, too) to remove, but with the screws out, the case was remarkably simple to open. No glue noted anywhere on the casing. Reservoir shape is a little different than I expected. Definitely has a CPS chamber, but I opted not to dive deeper into the casing since I still want to do range testing on the "stock" mode and opening that section may prove trickier to close afterwards.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

GJIV

Re: Nerf Super Soaker Hydro Cannon: Internal Pics

Post by GJIV » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:23 pm

haha, great thing! As I see you can easily expand the PC by removing the reservoir :D Great^^ The only thing left is s small firing video...then I am convinced to buy one of these :D

Thanks anyway for these detailed images!

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:29 pm

I was literally scrambling for a Facebook like button when I saw the thread title. Nice job and thanks for posting!

Initial thoughts:
- VERY neat trigger system.
- Pump design looks questionable. Even if durability isn't a concern, indirect application of force is always more difficult to pump with than direct. (Think XP310/Max-D 6k pump handle versus CPS 1000/1200 handle.)
- Tiny PC, but hopefully the case's diameter is high enough so that a bladder extension could get at least 500mL.
- Ergonomics and balance: Doesn't look too balanced, but then again they may have gone under a completely different design/ergo philosophy for the HC. Also, this may be the first time I'm seeing a reservoir that can be used as a stock being completely covered up by the plastic shell.

Overall, it's evident that water capacity has suffered from them trying to make the design slim and close to the profile of their N-Strike blasters. A backpack modification is definitely a feasible alternative, which will take care of reservoir capacity and leave behind a LOT of space for the bladder. As with most blasters, the tubing has to be trimmed in order to accomodate a backpack, unless one can build an adapter using O-rings to connect to where the reservoir usually does. (What I usually do is cut the tubing, then if I need to re-connect I'll take a larger-diameter tube and stack the two pieces into the larger tube to re-attach them.)

Again, thanks for posting. I'll definitely be waiting for the shot performance results when they come around.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:30 pm

GJIV wrote:haha, great thing! As I see you can easily expand the PC by removing the reservoir :D Great^^ The only thing left is s small firing video...then I am convinced to buy one of these :D

Thanks anyway for these detailed images!
Uh... firing videos were posted yesterday. Noted it in the primary Hydro Cannon thread.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:54 pm

yeaaaa....!!!!!!!!! haha, thanks very much :D

I have watched them. It seems that the Hydro Cannon got kind of recoil when firing ?

From Internal pics and stream performance I guess that the PC IS THE SAME ONE AS THE SECONDARY PC OF THE HYDROBLITZ, May I am right here ???

Trigger is great and stream seems to be powerful but VEEERRRYY short....

Finally I have decided to get one myself :D Thanks to isoaker and all other members!

@ isoaker You never know what furture may bring, I wanted to get you information about the HC and in the end I am the one who recevies the information :goofy:

Unfortunately I will have to wait some more days till the NEW SS 2011 Line comes to Europe, at about February I can remember :)

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:07 pm

I'm sure the blast is bigger than a hydroblitz; more like an Arctic Blast.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:16 pm

well, it is a possibility they used a HB secondary PC, seeing that they both have approx. the same volume.

one other thing i've noticed, is that they had a bit of room that they could make the pump shaft somewhat wider, thus increasing pump volume.

as for PC expansions, i'd take a rather strange approach: use a HB main PC, and add a backpack resivoir. seeing the relative strength of a HB PC, it'd be like a sort of strange mix between a MK1,MK2, and some sort of backpack blaster. (the MK.1 being PC volume,MK.2 being output/PC strength, and the backpack part being obvious :goofy: )
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:25 pm

I thought that's what we were planning on doing.

I have a crazy idea - maybe the original reservoir could be used as the PC casing when a PC expansion is done.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:41 am

hahaha, yea! lots of great ideas! Please post all of your thoughts( but please, just the possible and at least a bit useful ones... :D )

This will get a great weapon! And the luck of the draw I have got an unused CPS 2000 MK 1 ( !! ) bladder I might use as replacement of the existing bladder :goofy: I do also have a great working AB's bladder. :D THis all sounds pretty good... :D