Cps 1000 Repair

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Foster6565

Cps 1000 Repair

Post by Foster6565 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:59 pm

Ok guys, just got my first soaker that i won off of ebay obviously as the title states its the cps 1000 here is whats going on. Filled her up with water took it outside pumped it once and it worked just like a piston soaker did it a few more times just to make sure it really did that and ya each time i pump water comes out and no i was not holding down the trigger. So the next step i decided to take was to open it up here is the first problem i have been reviewing the repair section for help and it appears that the cap for the 1000 is glued on so am i to very carefully cut this in half so i can hopefully put it back or does somebody have a better idea?

isoaker

Re: Cps 1000 Repair

Post by isoaker » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:04 pm

Sadly, I can't give any hands-on-based suggestions since I haven't opened up a CPS1000. That said, for all the caps I have dealt with, I've found that the glue usually snaps away to allow plastic shell separation if you work at it for a bit. Basically, removing every screw that you can and splitting the casing as much as possible to give you more torque/wiggle room to try to get the glue to loosen from the cap. Of course, there are always exceptions to this and there are a couple of blasters I've opened that cutting/destroying the cap ended up being the only option to get to the internals.

That said, perhaps someone who has opened up a CPS1000 can give more specific advice on how to deal with its cap.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Foster6565

Post by Foster6565 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:07 pm

k i will try any idea on the actual problem for the gun? why its shooting everytime its pumped

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:52 pm

There's probably some trigger problem. I'm not sure what though.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:07 pm

ff your blaster is shooting when pumping, some part of the nozzle valve has failed. If you're lucky, it may just be that the nozzle isn't closing from a weak spring that you can use a rubber band to fix. Need to open the blaster to get a better idea, though. Have you seen the CPS Nozzle Valve Repair? Decent description, but no pics, though.

Foster6565

Post by Foster6565 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:18 pm

ya what would i do with the rubber band? ill try that first before i razor knife it open

Foster6565

Post by Foster6565 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:28 pm

Nvm :D ya the rubberband will work phew thank goodness, gonna go buy a super fat strong rubberband now, funny thing is i got 3 guns off ebay with this order the cps 1000, hydroblade, and SS defender i think? i bought it for 13.50 just for the 1000 but the others were just extras and neither of those work either :P guess thats what i get for $13.50.

Foster6565

Post by Foster6565 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:55 pm

actually i jumped the gun a little something is wrong inside the actual valve nozzle its the sealant probably... Only problem is that my nozzle champer is all glued no screws so this is almost looking impossible.... ugh.

Foster6565

Post by Foster6565 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:50 pm

So have finally hit a brick wall and i think i know whats wrong just dont know how to fix it ill use this link of a different gun to help me explain.
http://www.sscentral.org/repairs/nozzle_leaking.html

Ok so the second picture down is the picture ill use as an example. As you see he has pulled apart the valve nozzle compartment as i have done the same, in the pic the left half of the nozzle you see the spring pushing the orange seal holder upwards, well on my 1000 that same spring is completely rusted out and broken, so you say ok the rubberband should have fixed it well that spring also is pushing down another piece of plastic which is to seal off the chamber from were the rod enters so since my spring is shot completely it leaks out of the rod hole. So now i dont know how to get a new spring in that spot as it is a much smaller valve chamber on the cps 1000 then it is on the soaker i used for an example.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:57 am

Glad you found the SSC link. I knew there was a better article, but had forgotten where.

At any rate, sorry to hear that the repair job has proven much more difficult than desired. On the bright side, you've now gained a lot more experience and knowledge on water blaster opening and internals! Thanks for sharing your experiences with us, though. This info may end up helping another in the future that may encounter a similar problem.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:49 pm

I personally have never had valve sealing problems before. I've always kept to adding more and more rubber bands until the valve stays shut and stops being pesky and this has always worked.

Either way, you should still be able to replace the spring, but putting the whole system back together will be a serious pain. Replacing the valve is another option but may not be that much easier than trying to fix the broken one. (Unless all you do is lazily attach a ball valve and cut the casing apart to access it, but then you get no trigger.)

Post some pictures of the valve if you can. It'd be helpful to understand what's going on.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Foster6565

Post by Foster6565 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:55 pm

i tried to post pictures, i have no idea how to shrink the picture size as it is 956 kb and it only allows 250 kb.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:19 am

Foster6565 wrote:i tried to post pictures, i have no idea how to shrink the picture size as it is 956 kb and it only allows 250 kb.
What image editing programs do you have? You likely need to either reduce the overall image dimensions or reduce the file quality a bit. You can also email the pics to me and I'll send you back reduced-size images for you to repost.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:48 pm

If you use Tinypic, it will let you select the size you want. Choose the one that says,"message board," and it will fit perfectly.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

Foster6565

Post by Foster6565 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:54 pm

so i have come the the conclusion that its unrepairable i will end up doing more damage trying to fix it then by just leaving it alone so ill just keep it for spare parts i suppose. Is there any modern and available soaker i can do a PC swap that would be beneficial with the cps 1000 pc?

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:43 pm

The Vindicator might work, but then again, it has almost the same amount of power anyway. Perhaps the Vanquisher? There really aren't many spherical CPS guns these days. Maybe you could put it on a Cylandrical CPS gun like the Flash Flood, but it would require a PC expantion. I would probably just use it for a homemade water gun.

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:14 pm

martianshark wrote:The Vindicator might work, but then again, it has almost the same amount of power anyway. Perhaps the Vanquisher? There really aren't many spherical CPS guns these days. Maybe you could put it on a Cylandrical CPS gun like the Flash Flood, but it would require a PC expantion. I would probably just use it for a homemade water gun.
you have a point, but just buying a vindicator is more worth it than putting a FF in a CPS 1000. plus, doing that does have a much larger chance at failiure than just buying a vindicator. (the only faliure possible by buying a vindicator is if you get one that does not function properly)

we could just go on about this, but as you said before, it's best off being saved for parts. if you REALLY want something equal to a CPS 1000 that's still at current price, just get a vindicator. if you want to save money and have a challenging project, go for the homemade. that simple.
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:13 am

I challenge the assertion that it is unrepairable. It may be serious pain to repair, but if only the trigger valve is the problem (you shouldn't have busted check valves or anything; those are probably the worst but are the most rare), you can still make some drastic changes to get it to work.

For pictures, just double click them to open them up. If you have Windows 7, you can resize to a specific size in Paint (640x480, 512x384, and 400x300 are good sizes) as well as save jpg's of reasonable quality. However, if you have Windows XP or Vista, you may want to use a 3rd party image editor such as GIMP or Irfanview. (Use Google to find them.) The version of Paint in earlier versions of Windows cannot resize to specific pixel dimensions and cannot save .jpg's at an acceptable quality level.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat