Super Soaker - Mt. Tiki Soki - Help

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
docoman

Super Soaker - Mt. Tiki Soki - Help

Post by docoman » Sat May 23, 2009 11:19 am

Hello I have a Mt. Tiki Soki that I've replaced the rubber bladder on. I'm trying to put the spring mechanism back together, but having trouble remembering how it re-connects. If anyone has a Mt. Tiki Soki that they would be willing to take the top off and send me a picture of what the spring connection looks like that would be a HUGE help. I've spent couple hours trying to connect it but don't want to break it.

I've attached picture of what I'm looking at, so if you can send pic of this section would be great! I also placed (2) arrows showing the metal arm and hole it is supposed to fit into. This is the section I need to see how it is "supposed" to be hooked up.

I also posted this at: http://forums.sscentral.org/t5586/new-post.html

email address is: rschaeff@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.

Ron
Attachments
Mt. Tiki Soki Internal - Spring mechanism picture
Mt. Tiki Soki Internal - Spring mechanism picture
TikiSoki_Spring.JPG (108.42 KiB) Viewed 6403 times

isoaker

Re: Super Soaker - Mt. Tiki Soki - Help

Post by isoaker » Mon May 25, 2009 7:35 am

I've stared at this picture for awhile and still am not quite sure what to suggest. Can you post a couple more pictures at different angles and one showing off the whole device? There are similarities to the typical Max-D trigger valve, but need to see a little more to be sure. You might also take a look at this pic of the Hydro Blitz's nozzle valve. It should be of a similar design, I believe.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon May 25, 2009 2:52 pm

Ooh, those arrows help a little. And the picture of the Hydro Blitz valve assembly helps, too...I'm seeing why cantab suggested a similarity in the thread you linked to.

In the Tiki picture, there's a metal rod that goes off the bottom of the window that matches the black rod in the Hydro Blitz picture, and it gets pulled away from the assembly as the rubber bladder fills. There's a straight slot in both pictures, but the Tiki setup seems to be missing the pin that slides inside the slot. I'm also noticing that one of the springs in your assembly is stretched at the moment. So, are you sure the stray pin connects where the arrow points, and not in the slot?

Here's my suggestion: take the rotating piece at the top of the picture and turn it clockwise about 90 degrees. (The other spinning piece may move, too.) At this point, you may be able to insert the pin into the straight slot. Or maybe not. You probably have a better idea of how everything spins than we do.

Anyway, good luck, and let's keep waiting for a picture of the Tiki Soki internals. :)

docoman

Post by docoman » Mon May 25, 2009 3:28 pm

Many thanks!!! The picture of the HydroBlitz internals showed me that the metal pin/rod goes into the slot (not into the 2 small holes I thought it went into). Assuming I still have all the correct screws, I should now be able to have this up and working soon, thanks to all of you.

If my repairs using the McMasters stronger compression hose works, I'll post some pics and lessons learned for others that "will" eventually need to replace their rubber bladders. Most people probably just threw out their Tiki Soki's once they became inoperatable, but my kids love this thing.

Thanks again for all your help, pictures and suggestions. I'll post reply that it all works soon.