Super Soaker 60 Resevoir replacment

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Ninja Fev3r

Super Soaker 60 Resevoir replacment

Post by Ninja Fev3r » Wed May 13, 2009 4:38 pm

I just recently got a Super soaker 60. Yea It's rare apparently, but theres a problem, It didn't come with a reservoir, Is there anyway I could replace the Reservoir with a water bottle or something? I've tried a normal water bottle, It didn't fit so I taped it and poked a hole on the top of the bottle, But the tape kept falling off when I tried to re-fill it. Any Suggestions?

:cps2000: :cps2500:
Im looking for a good Super soaker to buy for the summer.

Silence

Re: Super Soaker 60 Resevoir replacment

Post by Silence » Wed May 13, 2009 5:08 pm

Does the SS 60 have a pressure chamber separate from the reservoir?

iSoaker, this page doesn't load.

Ninja Fev3r

Post by Ninja Fev3r » Wed May 13, 2009 5:12 pm

Yes it does
Im looking for a good Super soaker to buy for the summer.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu May 14, 2009 7:17 am

@Silence: Thanks for giving me the heads-up on that page-load error; I did something silly. Should be working now. :cool:

@Ninja Fev3r: As you know, since the SS60 has a separate firing chamber, all you need to do is find a way to secure a reservoir somehow in place of where the original was. A simple potential solution would be to find a soda/pop bottle that almost fits, but is just slightly loose, and then get it to attach and seal with the help of some silicone tape, reinforcing the hold potentially with some duct tape. Then, so you don't need to continuously need to screw on and off the reservoir, to cut a hole into the top side of the plastic bottle that's big enough to let you refill it but not huge that you can't seal it using a little more duct tape as needed.

For a fancier, but likely more expensive repair, you can try going to a hardware store to find some PVC tubing and fittings to build a new replacement reservoir.

In either case, let us know what you end up trying out and how well it turns out for you! Good luck!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: