XP 150 reservoir deflating?

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Ninja Fev3r

XP 150 reservoir deflating?

Post by Ninja Fev3r » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:34 pm

I just got a SS XP 150 at Value Village and the reservoir will deflate when the soaker is being pumped, I took a look at the reservoir and the plastic on the screw part looks worn out, I mean It screws on and the gun shoots, but the reservoir is a bit bent and it deflates after shooting it a few times :( ( I guess the air is getting sucked out of it.

Any suggestions on what I should do?? :(

:cps2700:
Im looking for a good Super soaker to buy for the summer.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: XP 150 reservoir deflating?

Post by marauder » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:16 am

Do you mean that the power in your XP 150 decreases after it is pumped? This would not have to do with the reservoir as the XP 150's reservoir isn't pressurized. The pressure is built up in the two spherical firing chambers on the front of the gun. Water is pumped from the reservoir and into those firing chambers to build up pressure. If you are losing pressure there is a good chance you have a leak somewhere in the piping. To check and see if this is the case I would open up your 150 and pump it up. If you see water spurting or dripping out you have a leak where it's coming from and you can fix that with some type of glue (see: http://www.sscentral.org/repairs/glue.html ) Hopefully it's just something minor like that. If I'm wrong then try to be a little more specific about what's going on so we can figure out how to fix this.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:25 pm

He meant what he said; the reservoir deflates. This has nothing to do with power, its because the reservoir on seperate chamber guns must allow air in (except for deflating backpacks) to make up for the lost space caused from water or air getting pumped out. If the reservoir is completely sealed, and water or air is getting sucked out, the existing air inside has less volume and therefore, less pressure than the surrounding air outside.

The problem here is that the reservoir's air intake may be having issues. I'm not sure how air intake works on the XP150 though, since its reservoir is pretty unconventional, but wherever it is, its not working. In most super soakers, the air intake is in the cap, but here I'm not sure. Its possible that the reservoir is getting snapped on too tight, or perhaps the air intake is getting clogged or blocked. Detatch the reservoir and look around for some kind of small valve-like hole. (the only other hole should be where the water gets pumped into the pressure chambers.) To re-flate the reservoir, see if you can pressurize it somehow, even if just sealing it with your hands and blowing air into it, and get something to push against deflated areas to push it back. (something long like silverware, the blunt end of a pencil, a screwdriver, or anything that won't scratch the plastic up, even the blunt end of a pencil)

If there is absolutely no other way to fix this, you could, as a very last resort, drill a very small hole (as small as possible, no more than 1/16") into the top of the reservoir. Obviously, there will be some slight water leakage if the blaster is full and placed on the side, which is why its a last resort solution.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Ninja Fev3r

Post by Ninja Fev3r » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:40 pm

Thank you so much, I'll poke a very small hole in the top, Done, I used a small safety pin and a thumb tack. Going to try it out....
YES! It works, I can hear the air coming into the reservoir, it shoots great no lag and the reservoir isn't deflating! Thanks for your help!

:cps2000: :cps2500:
Im looking for a good Super soaker to buy for the summer.

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:00 pm

Glad you figured that out CA99.... I have never ever seen a reservoir actually deflate. I always thought the plastic was too strong for this to happen. Wow! Good luck.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.