CPS1000 leakage

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
SharpObjects56

CPS1000 leakage

Post by SharpObjects56 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:09 pm

I filled up my old CPS1000 for the first time in about 2 years tonight. I pumped up it up about 4 or 5 times as standard, then I just got leakage, like the water was forcing itself out the PC. I could still fire, but the shots were less than half a second, and water poured from the body. I opened it up, and found the PC chamber was intact, although there was little sealant left around the opening when I opened it up. Would there be any reason not to put some epoxy there for a good seal?

And I took off almost all the balloons. In this part of town, I'm unmatched in terms of power, and I figured I don't want to shorten the lifespan of the 1000, it lived a hard life before I came along.

And can someone point out where exactly the safety valve is? Is it right in front of the water tank?

isoaker

Re: CPS1000 leakage

Post by isoaker » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:10 am

For generic separate-PC type blasters, see the Piranha Internal Parts page to get an idea of what parts are where. For the CPS1000, there should be two valves in a similar arrangement to the Piranha's hear to the back-side of the pump (near #5 and #10; in the Piranha's case, #10 is the pressure relief valve housing).

As for using epoxy, it really depends on where you found little sealant left... not sure what opening you are referring to. Pics would help in this case. Epoxy on any of the CPS-chamber's rubber bladder is not a good idea since it'd introduce stiff points, making the rubber more brittle and likely to break in those areas. Epoxy used to seal a plastic piece together may be ok so long as it is not experiencing too much pressure.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SharpObjects56

Post by SharpObjects56 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:02 pm

Here, where the bladder connects to the rest of the soaker. I'm 98% positive that this is where my leakage was coming from, and where there is little sealant.
I'd put epoxy around the plastic areas that connect to each other, of course being careful not to touch the bladder. The bladder looks to be in great shape too, no cracks, and the wear is minimal.

Ah okay, I see valve now. It all looks normal on mine. Perhaps the balloons were just too much and caused it to force itself back out. I took them all off anyway.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:26 am

BTW, how did the repair go? Was your epoxying of the plastic holder successful?

As well, could I repost these repair pics and info on iSoaker.com?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SharpObjects56

Post by SharpObjects56 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:50 pm

Unfortunately, I have yet to actually try it...with exams starting to rear their ugly heads, and essays that are due soon, I have yet to actually make any repairs. She sits on my bedroom floor, waiting patiently. As soon as possible, I'll post an overview of the repair. And any pictures posted, you are more then welcome to use them :cool: