Sneak Attack Problems

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
dennizvu1107

Sneak Attack Problems

Post by dennizvu1107 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:23 pm

I have the Sneak Attack 4-Way Blaster from Super Soaker, and until recently have had problems with the pump. Before I start off with my complaining, here are some specs just for your refrence:

Make: Super Soaker
Model: Sneak Attack 4-Way
Series: Aquashock
Type: Piston-pressure

Source: http://isoaker.com/Armoury/Analysis/200 ... ttack.html

Now, the problem is that when I load the gun (aka extending the pump/piston), the pump/piston pulls back 2-3 cm. You have to pull it fully out once more so that it becomes fully loaded. This started happening after I took it into a swimming pool with me. I was thinking that it could be the problem, but I'm not sure.

Problem 2: The pump is TOO hard to pump at times. It's sorta like this: tug-of-war with super soaker. One guy holds the handle in the back, I pull the pump on the other side. I've heard that putting Vaseline at where the pump slides back and forth helps it. i haven't tried this yet, but should I?

(something off-topic)And there don't seem to be any mods for the Sneak Attack. I'd love to get downright dirty modding this thing, so if there are any mods for it, please PM me or something.

Croc

Re: Sneak Attack Problems

Post by Croc » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:56 pm

Do NOT put on any Vaseline! It will deteriorate the rubber seal of the pump. There is a mod, but it requires a case mod and everything.

Could something be clogging the nozzle? That is one reason why I could imagine that something stops it from letting you fire or load water because of some residue. The pump could have some wierd problem, but if you can open it and get pictures of the insides, it would be very helpful to us.

dennizvu1107

Post by dennizvu1107 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:24 pm

I was pretty scared when I started taking out the screws cuz the reservoir isn't like a tank where water is sucked out by a pipe/hose, but instead the reservoir is the soaker's chassis itself. It's like that. But even when I took out the screws, the front of the blaster (where the nozzles are) won't pry apart. I opened up the Sneak attack page at iSoaker.com and it shows the nozzle having a screw in the middle. I went to my gun and saw a metal cap at where the screw should be. Any ideas?

Croc

Post by Croc » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:50 am

Looks like you have a different mark of sneak attack. The selector was pretty much riveted in, and the case is clamped under the nozzle selector, correct? If possible, try gently pulling or prying the selector off. Should that fail, you may need a new gun.

I personally do not own a sneak attack, so I may not be of much assistance. Could the screw have rusted, or something that would makeit have this new shape? I'll post or edit my post with more info later, I need some sleep

dennizvu1107

Post by dennizvu1107 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:38 pm

I talked to my cousin, who was borrowing it, and he said that he took a nail and poked it into the stream nozzle cuz he was trying to make it bigger. Then the nail he was using fell into the hole where the screw is encased. He tried to pull it out but only pushed it in further :|. I need help, cuz until then, I'm :soaked: .

Croc

Post by Croc » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:05 pm

The thing you need is a small magnetic surface. It would let you extract the nail without much difficulty.

Honestly though, you're :soaked: no matter what with that gun :goofy:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:42 pm

The Sneat Attack is one blaster I was unsuccessful at opening. I believe it can be opened if you are willing to snap some not-fully-necessary-but-there-for-stability pieces of the pump's grip. Of course, if you do manage to open your blaster without needing to snap any plastic parts, I'd love to hear how you managed to do it.

Croc's magnet suggestion may work, but only if the nail is not wedged or jammed somewhere in there. I would definitely recommend not using that blaster for anything while a nail piece may be in the nozzle area; never know if/when it may come loose when attempting to shoot it.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

dennizvu1107

Post by dennizvu1107 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:50 pm

1. Any mods or internals? I NEED MODS NAO.
2. I'm not :soaked: YET. I can still drench the f*ck out of my neighbor's car, Sneak Attack my cousin, run to the back yard gate, lock the door, and run away before I get soaked.
3. It's not in the nozzle itself, only in the place where the screw is housed in the centre of the nozzle selector.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:43 pm

Apart from nozzle drilling/expansion and reservoir expansion, there are no other mods for a piston-based blaster like the Sneak Attack. Doing any more and you might as well build your own water blaster.

As for where the nail is, if it is just in the area where the screw holds the nozzle selector down, can you just grab it with a pair of tweezers or needle-nose pliers to get it out? If not, could you post a picture of the nail stuck in the opening so we can get a better idea of what the problem is?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: