Repair Monster X

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
fischi59

Repair Monster X

Post by fischi59 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:43 am

Hello
I'm from Germany and New
Unfortunately, there are with us as a great page
My English is not so good so I write everything with a Überstzungs progamm
I have a question
I have a monster X unfortunately, is destroyed, unfortunately, I do not know how I uploaded the pictures? I think for me the pump is torn
Can you buy the part somewhere, or it can be repaired
Thanks

isoaker

Re: Repair Monster X

Post by isoaker » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:50 am

Welcome to the forums!
You can attach pictures to your posts by clicking on "Upload attachment" tab at the bottom of the reply area. Browse to the file on your computer and press "Add the file".

If you think it's a pump problem, check out the iSoaker.com Repair section, especially the Pump Repair / Reinforcing section.

Hopefully we can help you fix your broken soaker!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:57 pm

Super Soaker Central has some repair articles here.

The best thing to do is to open the water gun. Once that's done, pump it up to see what happens. Good luck!

fischi59

Post by fischi59 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:51 am

hallo
thank you füe yours answer I have suspended sometimes two bilder from him divide what broken is it is pumps, can one repair it? thank you beforehand for yours answer
Attachments
IMG_0126.JPG
IMG_0126.JPG (102.47 KiB) Viewed 1748 times
IMG_0125.JPG
IMG_0125.JPG (100.59 KiB) Viewed 1748 times

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:28 am

Yes, it is repairable. See this article.

That's a very big hole, but it shouldn't be much of a problem. Use sandpaper to smooth the plastic around it and then cover up and fill the hole with putty epoxy. You may want to insert some object into the hole as a plug if you're using regular epoxy (which is more like glue) instead of putty epoxy (which is more like a filler).

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:27 pm

That is quite a bad tear. From the picture, though, I can't quite tell which side of the pump that part is; could you post a view of the rest of the tubing around it?

As Silence noted, sanding and smoothing down the plastic is likely the best route to begin. I wonder, though, whether for sealing the hole you should attach some sort of plastic patch over the entire cracked area and seal it closed using epoxy and glue since the hole is so large. You may be able to use putty epoxy to seal it, but depending on what part of the blaster that is, you may need to be careful not to have any epoxy get inside the tubing.

Good luck with your repair, though, and let us know what you end up doing and how successful you are!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: