Help! Arctic Blast problem

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
teamfear

Help! Arctic Blast problem

Post by teamfear » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:07 am

My artic blast which i bought a year ago stopped working. When I pump the water from the PC spills out the flood nosel. the same thing happened to my brothers. Can you fix it? and how? please help! Also, are the new super soakers meant to break in a year, they seem awfuly cheep.

Captian Fear

isoaker

Re: Help!

Post by isoaker » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:24 am

No soaker is meant to break in a year. Sounds like your Arctic Blast's Flood Nozzle is stuck open. Max-D nozzle valves have a tendency of sticking or breaking, unfortunately. Fortunately, there are a number of guides out there to help you fix the problem. In particular, see this older thread for more information and links to repair guides.

On the bright side, opening up the Arctic Blast is relatively simple as water blasters go. Just a lot of screws to remove, but no need to deal with any glued on pieces.

Super Soaker Arctic Blast internal pics

If you have specific questions once you verify the problem, feel free to ask.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

teamfear

Re: Help! Arctic Blast problem

Post by teamfear » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:35 pm

Thanks
I will try it and will tell the outcome. My artic blast means alot to me and i wouldn't want to have to buy a new one.

Captian Fear

Verok

Post by Verok » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:41 pm

Yeah the same thing happened to me. If you have a gun with the same trigger system, i recommend you use that because it will stay longer than if you bend the spring thats already in there.
Super Soaker XP 85 Triple Shot water gun was my first water gun.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:19 pm

It's not uncommon for this problem to be hard or impossible to repair so if you can't get it working well again I'd suggest calling Hasbro to complain. Usually they send a replacement, which is good if you can't return the water gun any longer.

This is definitely the #1 repair problem out there right now, so hopefully Hasbro will discontinue the Max-D valves as soon as possible.

teamfear

Thank You

Post by teamfear » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:44 pm

Thank You isoaker,
Me and my dad unscrewed my gun and fiddled with the valves untill it worked. Your advice was greatly appreciated. You saved me 30 $. Ben, Your comment on getting rid of Max D valves has a very strong point, but would that mean the end of Flash Flood?

Captian Fear

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:56 pm

Glad you managed to fix your blaster! As for getting rid of the Max-D system, not sure I'd say they should be gotten rid of; they should only be ditched if there's really no way to make the valve set-up more stable, durable, and reliable. Granted, not sure why Hasbro rarely uses the ol' pin-plug-type valve as was used on the CPS-class blasters. Those seemed to work quite well and could obviously handle a good rate of flow. Perhaps they just cost more than the Max-D springs and ball valve?

If Hasbro did ditch the Max-D system, they could still create a Flash-Flood-type blaster using a ball-valve on its own without the additional spring toggle.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Help!

Post by HBWW » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:18 pm

isoaker_com wrote:No soaker is meant to break in a year.
Uhh... With numerous reports of broken triggers and the infamous leaky Orca trigger, I'm not so sure about that...

If Hasbro created a FF using the pull valve, they would only need one valve and 2 nozzles for that. Not to mention, the riot blast could be operated normally. But why stop there? Why not add more normal nozzle options?

It looks like none of your springs broke, which is pretty lucking since such springs, at least the trigger on the FF, tend to weaken and/or break. Perhaps they used better springs on the Arctic Blast than the FF.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

teamfear

Fixing

Post by teamfear » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:53 am

The problem with my gun was that the flash flood nozzel was stuck open. I fixed it by shrinking the spring. The only disadvantage was that the flash flood didn't work, only the main nozzel. Then my trigger broke. I might try fixing it but i will probably just get a new gun. Water guns probably are made to break in a year because hasbro wants money. Notice how the 10 year old Cps's still work but new guns break in a year. Hasbro doesn't care, they jsut want money. Why make a gun that is going to last a decade when you can make ones that will break in a year and are over priced so you get lots of money.
Thanks for all the help on this,
Captian Fear