Arctic Blast Broken Trigger

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Verok

Arctic Blast Broken Trigger

Post by Verok » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:02 pm

I just bought an Arctic blast and after a few days the trigger broke,not the flood trigger but the stream trigger.If anyone knows how to fix this please tell me.
Super Soaker XP 85 Triple Shot water gun was my first water gun.

isoaker

Re: Arctic Blast

Post by isoaker » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:11 pm

Super Soaker Arctic Blast Internals

First, you'll need to open up your blaster to see what exactly is the problem. From there, there are various repairs that can be done. The Arctic Blast uses a Max-D trigger system.

One possibility:
Max-D Trigger repair description

If you can take pictures or describe more about what is wrong after you open your blaster, we can try to give more specific info about how to fix the problem.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SSCBen

Re: Arctic Blast Broken Trigger

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:19 pm

If you still have the receipt I'd suggest returning it. The Max-D type valves are prone to breaking and sometimes the repair doesn't work that well.

We'll need a little more information as iSoaker said. It's likely the problem he linked to judging by how common this problem is. Here's some more guides, all with photos:

http://www.didkovsky.com/supersoaker/index.html
http://www.geocities.com/m15399/rubberband.html
http://forums.sscentral.org/t2730/

Verok

Post by Verok » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:12 pm

I am returning it tomorrow if they will send a new one.If they don't send me a new gun i will probably repair it.I think the trigger thats connected to the metal broke but i am not sure cause if i open it i think it voids the warranty.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:56 am

There's no warranty to void, so opening it doesn't do a thing. The only thing you have going for you is the store return policy. You can open the Arctic Blast anyway without making any marks that would indicate it has been opened anyway.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:55 am

Simplest solutions are always the best! Hopefully you manage to exchange it without problem, especially if you only had the soaker for a few days (I missed that detail upon first reading the post).

Of course, if in the future you end up needing do to an actual repair, the community can definitely help out.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:37 am

After telling Hasbro about the problem, they usually send you a new one without asking for you to send the old one in. As you get the new one, you can still try to repair the old one and thus, have 2 working AB's. If the problem is related to the spring however, its fairly difficult to get a reliable fix. The traditional solution is rubber bands, but they may be weak and/or may not last long nor hold up to the trigger.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Verok

Post by Verok » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:21 pm

Yeah i opened it up and the spring snapped so i just bent the original spring and it works now.If it breaks again i probably will phone hasbro or toys r us and get a new one.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:37 pm

Would you be willing to take and share a picture of your repair job? As well, any particular reason you opted not to exchange it if you still have the store receipt?

Good to hear it seems fixed now, though!

Verok

Post by Verok » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:36 pm

Well I dunno how my camera works to put it on my computer.The spring broke so i bent the spring so it had another loop then twisted it so it was longer and it works.I didn't want to exchange it because the nearest toys r us is very far away or i would ship it back,by the time i would get a new one in the mail the war i am planning on Wednesday would be over.

Verok

Post by Verok » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:23 pm

Bad news,my water gun broke again same problem so if anyone has any ideas for a new repair or any springs found in car parts that size(i live far away from a good hardware store)

Edit: I just remembered that the Max-D 5000 has the same trigger system and stole the trigger spring from that :D also i am getting a new one from toys r us in a few days but i have to send mine back.
Last edited by Verok on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:05 pm

As some here mentioned before, this repair doesn't always work very well. Try rubber bands but don't be surprised if it doesn't hold up. I'd return the water gun if you're not having success and don't live near a hardware store. You always can order springs from websites like McMaster-Carr, but why bother when you can return the water gun to get another one?

You also could complain to Hasbro as C-A_99 said and get a free water gun. ;)