Broken Max-D 6000 pump

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
tommyistommy

Post by tommyistommy » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:36 am

I was pumping it yesterday to see if it still worked, and the pump came out! I wasn't even pumping hard or fast or anything. It came out the front. It just kinda slid out. I'm sure there is a way to fix it, can someone help me? Also, while I have it open, I was reading about a shotgun mod or something? Can someone link me to how I do that? I am a new user, but I think/hope I can fix/mod my soakers.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:34 am

If it slid out, try sliding it back in first and see if it'll still pump. Normally, there is a small plastic end cap at the end of the pump shaft to prevent the pump-piston from coming out. This may have come loose, gotten unscrewed, broken off, or broken open.

First try re-inserting the pump and see if it'll still pull water if you don't pull too far that it comes out again.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:25 am

This Max-D 6000 is broken? Unlikely.

This exact same thing happened to my CPS 1000, and I pushed the pump back through without a second thought. There shouldn't be any problems with getting it back in, but keeping the pump in is a different story. I've used a two-liter bottle cap with a hole drilled in it to keep the pump in on my CPS 2700 - you should try something similar.

The "shotgun" modification is essentially self-explanatory. All you have to do is remove the nozzle selector and a larger hole will appear. Remember to keep all of the screws and springs in case you would like to reverse this modification at a later date.

I personally did not find that the Max-D 6000 made anything impressive on the "shotgun" nozzle - it was more like a 4X stream that had bad range. If you are set on making a shotgun nozzle, drill a hole in one of the nozzle selector's nozzles that you rarely use.

tommyistommy

Post by tommyistommy » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:36 am

I forgot to put, when I first popped it out, I just put it back in and it (For lack of better word) Grabbed back on and pumped fine. Then I tryed to pump it the next day and it just came out. Isoaker, Yeah the plastic thing at the end of the pump shaft has a hole the size of a BB in it...I will make something like the 2 liter bottle cap. Thanks for the ideas

JJJJJJ272

Post by JJJJJJ272 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:55 pm

i heard they're making a ste version of it that is supposedly better, you can get one of those they should be cheap and easy to find, not to mention better, and no fixing required!
:bm1000: :bm2700: :cps3000: :bmhelix: :blazer:
:flashflood: :cps2500: :soakthemall: :surprise: