CPS 1700 Touch Up

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Aqua_Flash

CPS 1700 Touch Up

Post by Aqua_Flash » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:07 pm

I received a CPS 1700 that needed some work. The pump was nearly gone with the end of it stuck in the tube. I got that out out and used the rubber on a new pump I had to get a good fit (sorry I did get any pictures for that). Then after testing, the streams weren't that great in terms of looking clean, it was too rioty and messy for me, which didn't get good range.

So, strangely, I ended up doing my first PVC nozzle modification on a CPS 1700, I always thought I'd do it on something else like a 1200 or something, but that's how things go, unpredictable. I took pictures of doing it and will post it on my site soon. I also made 3 nozzles which were just the size of the 1700's 2 original nozzles, as well as one the size when you screw off the selector, which is around 15x. I also to give little power boost put on 10 balloons.

I still need to add a handle to the pump, and also give a better test. But even though it was getting dark I still managed to test the smallest nozzle, and the result was great, really juicy and punchy stream. I look forward to completing the testing hopefully tomorrow, and getting stream shots/videos soon. Looks very promising though. What is also cool is how I've also got a spare CPS 1500/1700 nozzle selector with switch now as well which may come in useful.

For now though, here is what the near finished product looks like.

Aqua_Flash

Re: CPS 1700 Touch Up

Post by Aqua_Flash » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:48 am

With the help of my Dad, it is done.

I used a salvaged CPS 1000 pump handle (guide coming soon), so for now (until I reinforce the pump more) I have a comfortable fully done pump with a handle. I also felt (even my Dad did), that with the orange nozzle piece gone, it looks a bit lacking/empty/ugly looking whatever you want to call it at the front, so my Dad found some top from like a jar or something that looked like it could fit over, and once we drilled a hole in the middle that could fit over the PVC apaptor, I tried and it fit perfect. It gives it that complete look, which we were really pleased with, makes it look like it was worth the effort to get this 1700 good again.

I couldn't really get shot images yet, the weather wasn't right, and with the new better look cosmetically now, the pictures will look better when taken.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:48 pm

That's looking pretty nice. Good repair.

Yeah, get them online. The more guides we have, the more perspectives on a mod/repair there are, so the easier doing that mod/repair will be.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:01 am

I concur with Ben. Repair/mod job looks good and definitely get them online as soon as you can. Others can then benefit from your ideas and experiences in their own projects.

Soak o!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Aqua_Flash

Post by Aqua_Flash » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:57 pm