Max D Secret strike repair help

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
jimmsoaker

Post by jimmsoaker » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:24 am

Anyway I'm trying to open up the blaster to fix the trigger and i can't seem to get it open.

I have all the screws out but at the end of pump part there is like a plastic circle thing that doesn't come off

Heres a picture of what I'm talking about:

I can't seem to get that ring to come off. Does anyone who's opened up a gun like this know what to do?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:29 am

but at the end of pump part there is like a plastic circle thing that doesn't come off

That's pretty much true for almost every soaker these days (apart from the occasional one that actually is just screwed on as opposed to being glued or screwed-AND-glued).

I usually first go for trying a flat-head screwdriver first, looking for a point I can wedge the first bit in, and try to gently pry the piece off, bit by bit, until it either comes off nicely or snaps. If that fails, I then next try a knife to get things started, then return to the screwdriver prying method (safer than using a blade continuously). If that fails, a little bit of careful sawing will open pretty much anything, but it also causes the most amount of damage, can lead to doing damage to other internals, plus makes a mess and means closing it afterwards is not so simple.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

jimmsoaker

Post by jimmsoaker » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:34 am

K thanks :laugh:

jimmsoaker

Post by jimmsoaker » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:41 am

UPDATE: I got it off. and yes it was glued

2ND UPDATE: I got my trigger problem fixed and now by Max d secret strike is working. (for the time being)

Edited By jimmsoaker on 1117720190

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:57 am

^ Glad to hear you solved your problem! Any info/insight you can give into what went wrong and how you fixed it would be nice. Shared info may help others with similar problems in the future.

:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

jimmsoaker

Post by jimmsoaker » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:19 am

Well the orignal problem was that the main nozzle was either shooting water while i pumped or shooting water after I had released the trigger.

I figured to fix it I'd nee to open it up. Once opened I discovered that problem was this little switch connected to the firing chamber. It controlled whether or not the water came out. I realized the spring attached to it was worn out So I grabbed a few small rubber bands and triple looped them. I put them around the switch and a nearby screw hole. I closed it up and tested the gun.

It didn't leak when I pumped it, and when i pulle dthe trigger I noticed it didn't have the "click" feeling to it, but the water still shout out and when I released it nothing leaked.

I hope that helps anyone trying to repair thier guns

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:44 am

Looks like the trigger valve had gone then. Glad to see your gun working again.