Removing water completely.

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Fighter_0

Removing water completely.

Post by Fighter_0 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:17 am

After using my WW Tiger Shark for about 2 hours, i poured out the remaining water left in the reservoir and pumped it.
after pumping it, i pointed it to the floor and fired, but there is still some water coming out whenever i pump and fired it. it comes out in a mist...

anyone have any idea how to remove the mater in the WW Tiger Shark completely?

isoaker

Re: Removing water completely.

Post by isoaker » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:37 am

This is one of the most common problems with separate pressure chamber blasters and, in some respects, is a long process to do. You can read a longer description of the process at the bottom of the Soaker Use Basics article on iSoaker.com.

For diaphragm blasters like the Water Warriors Tiger Shark, you need to leave them standing horizontal (i.e. with the pressure chamber pointing upwards) for several hours. After a few hours have elapsed, pull the trigger BEFORE pumping, then pump a few times followed by pumping while pulling and releasing the trigger to push more water out. This process needs to be repeated a few times to really reduce the amount of water in the chamber, but it is nearly impossible to get every last bit of mist out. On the bright side, if you get the bulk of the water out, any remaining little bits should not cause any problems and may actually help extend the life of the chamber, but that needs further testing.

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SSCBen

Re: Removing water completely.

Post by SSCBen » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:14 am

If you want to get 100% of the water out, you could disassemble the gun, pour the water from each part, and then let the gun dry with the valve open. That will get rid of all the water, but it's not really worthwhile in my opinion. There always will be some water in water guns unless you disassemble them.