My Flash Flood Spews...Seriously

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Gold Hawk

My Flash Flood Spews...Seriously

Post by Gold Hawk » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:38 pm

My Flash Flood spews like a 14-month old child.

When I pump it, water comes...(couldn't think of a better word to describe it)...'blurping' out of the Flood nozzle.

And when I shoot water out of the regular nozzle, it shoots about 5 feet, then sputters and stops.

My guess is that a valve or something is loose. I opened it up yesterday, and I couldn't find anything wrong. I even sawed open the pressure chamber, and everything seemed okay in there.

-Gold
HydroHawks Command CenterNEW REPORT! APARTMENT MASSACRE!

"Missing isn't the worst part. The retaliation is." -Commander Gold Hawk

"Exsisto validus, fortis aequora." (Be strong, brave the water.) -Motto Of the HydroHawks

isoaker

Re: My Flash Flood Spews...Seriously

Post by isoaker » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:57 pm

Very descriptive imagery! :goofy:

If pumping causes water to spew out the Flash Flood nozzle, it sounds like the nozzle valve gave up. I'm not sure how you're still able to fire out of the regular nozzle if pumping causes water to come out of the FF nozzle.

When you opened up the blaster, did you attempt pumping it with a filled reservoir? You can also try the good ol' plumbers trick of using some soapy water over suspicious connections and air-pumping the blaster, looking for bubbles.

Pics of areas of concern could help, too.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Gold Hawk

Post by Gold Hawk » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:18 pm

Well I'm gonna go with what Silent Guy said on the SSCentral Forums.

...for now...

-Gold
HydroHawks Command CenterNEW REPORT! APARTMENT MASSACRE!

"Missing isn't the worst part. The retaliation is." -Commander Gold Hawk

"Exsisto validus, fortis aequora." (Be strong, brave the water.) -Motto Of the HydroHawks

Croc

Post by Croc » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:08 am

If you have not yet resolved your FF problem, I have somewhat of a solution for your probem. Within my first few days of purchasing a new FF, I had problems with the FF nozzle staying open. I will admit that it is better, because it does not shoot a big blob of water, but more of a large spray now.

Anyhow, to fix this, just wiggle the FF trigger back and forth a couple of times, and it will close, unless the FF trigger moves REALLY easily, then it is broken. Replace with string. That will make it functional for a long time. I have not had to do this again, since I did it once.

~Croc