Xp 310 Pressure Gauge - Fixable?

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:30 pm

I just acquired an Xp 310. The absence of said gun from my armory had been bothering me for a long time. It arrived yesterday and I got to testing it today. It works great, however the pressure gauge does not.

It is, as I am sure y'all know, the type of pressure gauge that has one of those flimsy needles, as opposed to the moving-line thingy that is present on the Cps 2000/2500/3000/3200. The moving-line one has never broken on any of my guns, I think that it tends to be far more dependable.

Anyway, the moving needle is not functioning well. It moves about 1/4 of the way when pressurized, and doesn't move any further. Is there anything that can be done?

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:22 pm

This may sound simplistic, but are you making sure you're pumping it all the way? Mine would take a lot of pumps to reach halfway on the gauge, and then one or to reach full.

Also, does the gun leak at all?

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:55 am

Don't mix up pressure gauges as seen on the XP110, XP310, XXP175, etc. with fill gauges like those on the CPS2000, CPS2500, SC Power Pak, etc. IF a pressure gauge fails to move, the blaster can still work just fine. If a fill gauge fails, chances are the blaster no longer works, either. :goofy:

As for attempting a repair, you'd need to open up the blaster and see whether the sensor area is sticking or inhibited from moving further by something that's out of place. If the spring for the gauge has stiffened, there's not much that can be done to fix it. However, if there appears to be some other fault in the assembly, there may be hope. It's been awhile since I've opened up a soaker with a pressure gauge so if you do opt to open up yours, take some pics of the pressure gauge assembly and we'll try to help with diagnosing the problem.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:53 pm

Personally, I wouldn't worry that much about the pressure gauge since maintaining pressure and conserving ammo keeps that from becoming very useful, but if it's that important to you, you might want to have a look at it. It may need replacement, who knows.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:56 pm

I will see what I can do. The reason that I wish to have it functioning is just because I like to have my soakers work in every way that they were intended to. It is more of a collector's thing than a soaker's thing...