Oozinator problem, please help!

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
blueoakleyz

Post by blueoakleyz » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:17 pm

I got an Oozinator, my first SS in 15 years and it leaks all over the place... It seems like the air out of the cap too. Is this normal for all Super Soakers or does this model just suck?

Also should I get the Arctic Blast because it's the last of the CPS soakers?

Edited By blueoakleyz on 1175920835

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:22 pm

Yours just sucks and yes get the Arctic Shock.
Soak On!

bb1

Post by bb1 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:26 pm

The problem is you bought it. Throw it out in the yard and let the neighbor's dogs get at it. Then burn it (and the neighbor's dogs for coming in contact with it). Bury the ashes 250' down in miracle grow. In about 5 weeks, if it doesn't decompose, dig it back up, schedule it for NASA's next space walk, and have the man release the dirt-ashes-dog into the drifts and perils of space in which someday, maybe not in our lifetimes, it will float into a blackhole, having its atoms stretched infinitely throughout the singularity till the ends of time where no civilized species will ever need to come in contact with it again.

I don't like oozinators.

EDIT: I want to put pictures in for reference.

Oozinator: Image

Scion building contructor from battlezone 2: Image

Coincidence? I choose no.

Edited By bb1 on 1175920546

blueoakleyz

Post by blueoakleyz » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:40 pm

hydroblitz wrote:Yours just sucks and yes get the Arctic Shock.
should I exchange it for another one or would they all leak like that? seems like a design problem.

Do other recent super soakers leak water and air so blatantly?

blueoakleyz

Post by blueoakleyz » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:40 pm

Oh and oops I meant the Arctic Blast not the Arctic Shock

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:50 am

Arctic Blast isn't much good either, get a Flash Flood if you want a good shotgun, and an Orca and/or Tiger Shark for the best 2007 guns. Heck, don't even get any hasbro guns other than the Flash Flood.

I have an Oozinator myself, only got it because it was on clearance for $6, they were quite desperate to get rid of those. At the clearance time, the soakers' shelves were composed of oozinators and sheild blasters. (probably should've gotten a sheild blaster instead, but the oozinator is big enough to serve the same purpose)

For your oozinator, what exactly is the problem? The reservoir should be completely airtight.

Edited By C-A_99 on 1175957454
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

bb1

Post by bb1 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:35 am

Just the thought of that ooze makes me very very sick :(

DX

Post by DX » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:06 am

No water gun leaks air and/or water naturally. There's probably something wrong with the internals. You could open the gun and find out where the problem is/are, or you could just exchange it for a different gun. The "lesser or equal value" clause that most stores have in their return policy allows you to get a different gun that actually performs better if the price is similar.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:21 pm

If you like the Oozinator then exchange it, if not then get the Arctic Blast. It's a freezing cold shotgun.
Soak On!

bb1

Post by bb1 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:28 am

you like the Oozinator

never...again.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:02 am

Just return the oozinator and get a Flash Flood (if one is available, which I doubt), or an Orca or Tiger Shark. You can just as easily load ice cubes into any gun, and the Arctic Blast doesn't come with an ice core like the Arctic Shock did. (and definately not worth $20)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:09 pm

To put another spin on things, I'm actually quite happy with my Arctic Blast, considering the caliber of guns that Hasbro has been putting out lately. As these guys have pointed out though, the Arctic Blast is just a Flash Flood with a bigger reservoir cap.

I have to go with bb1 on this one though, get rid of the schmoozen eater :goofy:
Heavy artillery + high ground = an easy battle.
Why else would they call me Leviathan?
"Artillery batteries, prepare to fire. XLs, dual aquastorm. Balloons, quick burst, short range. Battery commanders, FIRE AT WILL!"

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:47 am

Leviathan, is the Arctic Blast's "flood" stream smaller, bigger, or the same as the Flash Flood's?

:cps2000: :soaked: :cps2500:
Soak On!

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:43 am

From the nozzle I saw (and the bent screen), it appears to be slightly higher in area, but I'm betting it's somewhat weaker and lower in range. Also, the stream is half the size of the FF's, so the AB has both lower range and less power. Either way, a nozzle drill would be a helpful mod on bot the AB and FF.

The AB is definately not worth $20 and doesn't even come w/ the ice core. (you can put ice cubes into any gun, they're just trying to advertise.) Overall, the FF had a better design, except maybe they might have fixed the MD triggers on the AB. I would wait for the AB's price to go down before getting it though.

Edited By C-A_99 on 1176137065
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:42 pm

To be perfectly honest, pump for pump, the AB has a higher coverage area than the FF with more large droplets w/o the nozzle drill or screen removal, but yeah, C-A_99 has it nailed. Whats really wierd is that the riot blast seems to travel farther than the stream, making the stream pointless save sustained fire. The Blast has a more psycological impact with its odd design and near-reflective white color.

C-A_99, what do you mean by MD triggers? I sold my FF long ago, refresh my memory....
"Artillery batteries, prepare to fire. XLs, dual aquastorm. Balloons, quick burst, short range. Battery commanders, FIRE AT WILL!"

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:54 pm

Max-D triggers were first found on the Max-D line of guns. Essentially, you pull back and the valve stay closed until the trigger goes all the way back - then the valve snaps open with a click. As the trigger goes forward, the valve stays open, until it's all the way forward - and the valve snaps shut.

It's okay in theory, but it's unreliable. It requires the return spring to be stronger, the spring weakens quickly, and many problems in general ensue. :soaked:

JLspacemarine

Post by JLspacemarine » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:28 pm

C-A_99 wrote:The AB is definately not worth $20 and doesn't even come w/ the ice core. (you can put ice cubes into any gun, they're just trying to advertise.) Overall, the FF had a better design, except maybe they might have fixed the MD triggers on the AB. I would wait for the AB's price to go down before getting it though.

When I saw the AB on the shelves, I believe that the whole gun had a stronger feel over the FF's. Both triggers had a smoother feel when pulled (silenced slapping sound), so maybe they really improved the MD trigger. I also noticed the shrunken PC. Overall I think they only improved the AB over the FF in terms of durability, otherwise the FF is superior.

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:04 pm

Ok, yes and no.

The stream trigger is much smoother and seems to have a much more drable feel, but the memorable snap is still there (although silenced a little as ^he was saying). The riot trigger has to be pulled past a snap point to release the blast fully, but moves smoothly to and from that point, making me think that it could possibly be modded to pull smoothly and have a smooth floodgate release.

I like the feel better, and the gun does look imposing, as I said on up there. The white paint makes it easy to customize too. In my opinion, the AB is worth almost $20, but not quite.