Does anyone have a WW Krypton? - I'm having some problems...

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
H2orpheus_07

Post by H2orpheus_07 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:23 pm

Hey everyone, a team member has a broken WW Krypton, with the "aqua-master pre-charge system", and it just won't fire. I've pushed the button down, and pumped and pumped and pumped, but it wont come up. I then press the pressure release button on the side, and for some reason air comes out.

Can anyone help me?
Current Clan Sea Fox Armoury: WW Blazer(2005), 2x Liquidator's, 2x WW Black Widow's, 2x Vaporizer's, 2x SS 100's
2x XP 220's, Helix, Speed Shark V3 Mako Shark

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:39 pm

I've gone through this problem with my Xenon. To fix it, I did a random combination of pumping and holding the trigger down. I think I pre-charged it, then pumped while holding the trigger.

H2orpheus_07

Post by H2orpheus_07 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:37 am

Thanks! I think I'll try that.

I'll let you all know if it works.
Current Clan Sea Fox Armoury: WW Blazer(2005), 2x Liquidator's, 2x WW Black Widow's, 2x Vaporizer's, 2x SS 100's

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:00 am

If the button doesn't pop up, there is not enough pressure in the back-side of the PC. You need to keep pumping until it pops out. After the button pops out, you need to pump a few more times to actually pump water into the PC so it will fire. If you only pump until the button pops out, you've only pumped in air and no water yet.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:45 pm

Yeah, it'll probably take many more pumps than expected due to the large PC. But I'm not one to talk, as my Argon got pretty messed up sometime too. The pressure gauge shows the total pressure, not just the pressure after pre-charging, and pumping is very hard.

H2orpheus_07

Post by H2orpheus_07 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:01 pm

Bleh.... it's still not working.

Any other ideas?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:12 pm

I think we need a little more detail on the problem.

Correct me if I'm wrong about the status of your blaster:
- the Aqua Master button is pushed in and will not pop out after lots of pumping
- when pumping, air pressurizes the back side of the chamber that can be released if the pressure-release button is pushed

Is there any water in the PC still?
Can you tell us where the piston-divider in the PC is? Close to the front or to the back of the soaker?
What happens to the piston when you pump in air? Does it move at all?
Can the button still move slightly or is it jammed by something preventing it from popping back out?

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:57 pm

Wouldn't water in the PC reduce the amount of pre-charging needed? Anyway, I'd try shooting after pumping maybe 30 times, if only to see if the pre-charging stopped but the button hasn't changed.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:24 pm

Yeah, water in the PC should reduce how much pre-charging is needed. At the same time, if there's no water in the PC, it could possibly take a LOT of pumping before enough pressure is needed to push up the button.

H2orpheus_07

Post by H2orpheus_07 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:24 pm

I've pumped at least 70 times, and air comes out after the pressure-release valve is pressed I'm not sure about the piston divider, I'll have to check.

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:28 pm

Wow, that's really strange :oo: . I take it you've tried to shoot...

At worst, you can try contacting Buzz Bee Toys and see what they think. They might send you a replacement blaster like Hasbro, or they might tell you how to fix it. I doubt they'll give repair instructions though, because of liability.

One more question: Is more force required for, say, pump number 30 than for pump number 1? I'm guessing that's the case, as the discharge valve does its job...

EDIT:
My guess: Something has jammed, preventing the button from popping up. Thus, even at full pressure, you're only pumping air into the back of the chamber, not water into the front. A pressure release valve stops excess pressure growth.

Have you gotten the button to pop out since it jammed? If not, you'll probably have to open the soaker and somehow loosen the button.

Edited By SilentGuy on 1175131834