Help fixing an xp 150 MK.3 - Please help!

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
H20wned

Post by H20wned » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:40 pm

Hey guys, as you may or may not have noticed, I haven't been around for a while. Due to whether, I haven't fought, therefore I haven't felt the need to come here (and I forgot).

Any who, since my last visit i traded an old Nerf gun away for another xp95 and an xp150, the purple, green and orange one pictured on this site. This is where I need some of you expertise.

I was playing around with the xp150 and it was fine. I drained the tank so I went to fill it up again. I went back outside and primed it (pupmed 7 or 8 times) and it wouldn't shoot. The trigger went back and made the light click but nothing comes out. The front 2 pressure chambers are 2/3s full as usual, it just won't shoot. Anybody else had this problem with a gun before?

~H2~

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:48 pm

The old XP150s used a pinch-trigger if I recall correctly. If the PCs are charged, but pulling the trigger isn't releasing the pressure, something has gotten stuck in the valve and/or the tubing is refusing to open when the trigger is no longer pinching it. You need to open the XP150 up; carefully if the PCs are still pressurized, to see what the exact cause of the blockage is.

One thing you might try before opening things up is to pump in a little more water while holding the trigger down in hopes to force out whatever is stuck. The danger in this is that additional pumps will increase the pressure inside the PCs making it more risky if you do need to open up the soaker. If you do need to open the soaker while the PCs are pressurized, open it in a place that can afford to get wet in case the PCs fly off and keep the PCs pointed away from you and/or anything breakable.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:34 pm

Just wondering, does the XP 150 not have a pressure release valve? I know the newer XPs do, but I've never touched a gun older than that. The one 10 years ago doesn't count.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:01 pm

Doh! Forget what I said about the pinch trigger... XPs use a pull-valve now that my mind is working again! :goofy:

Sounds like the rod may have detached or that the nozzle valve is clogged. Forgive my earlier rambling.. I was thinking about the SS100, not XP150.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:16 pm

Yeah, carefully open it up, make sure the pressure chambers aren't facing you. You should be able to see the problem. As isoaker said, it's probably that the rod may have been detached, that happened to me, but a little bit of glue fixes the problem, it keeps the rod attached. The tubing from the nozzle to the pressure chambers is basic PVC, so it would have to be something huge blocking the path, that's very unlikely, so this should be an easy repair. Good luck!
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

H20wned

Post by H20wned » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:11 pm

Thanks guys, I think i'm gonna need my helmet for this one...

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:33 pm

Good luck with the repair! If you can, take pics and give us the low-down on how successful (hopefully) your repair goes. This sort of info may undoubtedly help another in the future who may face a similar scenario.

H20wned

Post by H20wned » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:27 am

If you can, take pics and give us the low-down on how successful (hopefully) your repair goes. This sort of info may undoubtedly help another in the future who may face a similar scenario.

DARN. Well, you see, the thing is I picked it up about 3 days ago and just pulled the trigger hoping a miracle would happen and it did, lol. The water came streaming out but to my dismay, it soaked my TV. The good news is, the gun works, the bad news is the my TV is broken, the other bad news I have to help pay for the TV, the other good news is I get a new TV ! :p

Edited By H20wned on 1174667321

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:54 pm

@H20wned: Uh... that's great that your soaker is working again! As for your TV.. well... uhh... at least you get a new one! :goofy:

Guess whatever got stuck/lodged in your soaker came loose and/or dissolved or something like that.

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:31 pm

A working soaker at the price of a TV...what does this world come to nowadays? :soaked:
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars