Need help with broken cps 1000! - Please help

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
H20wned

Post by H20wned » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:26 am

Hey guys,

I just came back from a carboot sale and I bought a cps 1000 for £3!!!!! When I got back, I realised there are 2 cracks in the front water tank (sherical purple tank).
What Should I do?

Try to fix it? And if I do, what should I use?
Please help, I thought most of you guys were smarter than most at ssc.

My dad has some e-tape and some water proof fish tank silicone.

EDIT: Also how many times must you pump a cps 1000 to prime it to its fullest?

Edited By H20wned on 1155462033

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:00 am

This topic should be in the armoury section, I'm sure someone will come along and fix that.

Congratulations on your deal, the 1000 is a great gun. The CPS 1000 should still function with the cracks in the chamber, as it's merely a protective casing and doesn't hold any 'pressure' until the chamber is full. I'd recommend using epoxy putty or something similar to cover the cracks, so that when you do pump the pressure chamber right up, it won't break.

And for your last question, it usually takes 16-18 pumps to fully pump the 1000.

H20wned

Post by H20wned » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:21 am

THANK YOU! Thank god, it's only a casing.
By the way where do you get epoxy?
Can you even get it in the UK?
Would water proof silicone be alright?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:47 am

Silicone sealant would just peal off. Silicone sealant is best for things like tents. I think it even says that on the bottle.

Epoxy is easily available in the UK. Go to most any large store or hardware/home improvement store and ask where they keep it. I've noticed it can move around from the car section to others. Putty epoxy however I've only seen in hardware and home improvement stores, likely because it's mainly used for fixing leaks in plumbing pipe.

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:18 am

I used a soldering iron to melt together the crack in my XP 270's casing. Whether it's enough for the PC casing or not is the question. Duct tape is also a solution...

However, epoxy is probably the most permanent and reliable solution--and it's easily available, so you can get it easily.

Also, there's nothing wrong with trying out the same thread at SSC...I don't see what's wrong with that. If anything, there will be more suggestions to solve your problem.

H20wned

Post by H20wned » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:24 am

Thanks.
There's nothing wrong with ssc, i've just been told this is a better site and some of the members there are unfair and selfish. I wasn't sure so I came here.

Rook

Post by Rook » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:10 am

You do know that the guy who runs SSC just replied to your topic, right? *COUGH*Ben_*COUGH* :p

Yeah, the CPS 1000 uses a CPS bladder, basically a really strong rubber balloon. The water goes into the balloon, the casing just protects it from breaking. I'd fix those cracks, for risk of puncturing the bladder.

Congrats and :soakon2:
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

H20wned

Post by H20wned » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:52 pm

UH OH......... Well if you read what I wrote it's only what i've been told and I sed there is nothing wrong with it.
Sorry if I have offende you in any way Ben.
LOL! my name is Ben too.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:08 pm

H20wned wrote:Thanks.
There's nothing wrong with ssc, i've just been told this is a better site and some of the members there are unfair and selfish. I wasn't sure so I came here.

Been a while since I've been home...

No one I know at my forum are selfish or unfair. If they were, I'd simply ban them. I hate that stuff as much as the next guy.

Which website is better depends completely on what you're looking for. Super Soaker Central is a better forum to ask for repair advice. Most of the people there know their way around a water gun several times better than here, likely due to iSoaker.com's stance on homemade and modified water guns.

I've actually looked through hundreds of threads on water gun to create a list of the most common problems. Statistically, people who ask at Super Soaker Central for repair advice are more likely to fix the problem. Just a thought to put out there.

Not trying to seem available at only one forum, I frequent all major ones. You'll get a response from me regardless of where you post.

:cool: