100 Repair

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
animalia

Post by animalia » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:35 pm

I have a Super Soaker 100, my first super soaker ever, and it will not fire when the trigger is pressed and will not even pressurize when pumped I tired useing a wire to dislodge any debried but it didn't work. I noticed that the intake pipe looked very dirty, would washing it in wark soapy water help, and if not what can I do to fix it as I would hate to throw this gun away?

Edited By animalia on 1151275502

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:41 pm

If the intake is clogged, it's be impossible to draw water into the PC. If you can clear the intake, that'd be a good start. Soap and water are recommendable. Just be sure to rinse it well afterwards.

There are a lot of things that may or may not be wrong. Depending on what works and what isn't, it'll give clues on the source of the problem.

Does the SS100 still pump into the PC? You should be able to see/hear/feel water being pulled from the reservoir into the pump. If no water is being pumped, the intake may be still clogged or the intake tubing has gotten loose, no longer properly sealing. It may also indicate a problem with the pump.

If it pumps water, does the water get pumped into the pressure chamber (PC)? If so, that's good. If not, where is the water then leaking from?

If the PC is being filled, can the soaker then fire? If not, either the exit tubing is clogged or the trigger valve is not functioning. The SS100 uses a simple pinch-trigger system. Might just need to pump up the PC a little more while squeezing the trigger to 'blast' out anything stuck on the inner tubings. Of course, make sure there are no obvious clogs on the nozzle end. (Note: do NOT aim blaster at face if there is water in the PC. You don't want it to accidentally squirt you in the eye. If you need to look at the nozzle and attempt a de-clog while the PC is pressurized, wear eye protection).

There are other potential problems that may explain your soaker's problems. Try cleaning first and let us know how it goes. The more information we know about your soaker, the more specific advice we can give to help you get it working again.

BTW, welcome to the board!

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Rook

Post by Rook » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:15 pm

I have a similer problem with an old XP 55. When I pull the pump, it gives no resistance at all, and doesn't pressurize. I think the pump is probably dislodged.

Is this the same problem you're having, Animalia? I'll probably take it apart at some point, but until then, let me know how yours goes.

Edited By Rook on 1150859791
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

animalia

Post by animalia » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:43 pm

After soaking it in warm soapy water overnight it now gives a fair amopunt of resistance when pumped put water is not transfered to the pressure chamber at all, what should I do now?

Edited By animalia on 1151440329

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:41 pm

Water isn't transferred to the pressure chamber...in Storm guns that usually means a destroyed O-ring in the pump. Not sure what differences there are in Super Soakers, but you might want to look at that.

Does it leak? One of the most instructional things you can do is open it up, take the internals out, and attempt to pump and shoot it. It's a lot easier to determine problem areas when the case is off.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

animalia

Post by animalia » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:31 pm

What is an o-ring and what does it look like? Where in the gun can I find it :cooll: ? And where can I get a replacement if neccesary?

Rook

Post by Rook » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:59 pm

It's a rubber ring that looks like an 'O', location varies with gun, and can be found in most hardware stores.
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:07 pm

In the case of Storm guns, once an O-ring is wrecked so is the gun. The pump is a cylinder containing a piston, capped with two O-rings set about 2 inches apart. When one stretches beyond its capacity and is trapped between the cylinder and the piston, the pump is inoperable. Given that the area cannot be disassembled w/o a hacksaw, this renders the gun useless to all but the most dedicated.

I have no idea how Super Soakers differ from Storms in the pump department, but that's the problem that's afflicted the only 2 damaged Storms I've ever seen, a 750 and a 1200.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

bb1

Post by bb1 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:37 pm

about the XP 55, I had the same problem with my XP35, but I think they are close enough to each other that my method can help fix it. First, the little ring around the pump shaft? Unscrew it. You should now be able to pull the pump out. It can't get dislodged, so don't worry ;)

Scrub the "pumping area", the area that pushed air into the gun, with a standard kitchen scrub brush, soap, and water. VIGOROUSLY!!! You probably got scum on it. Now flush the area you took the pump shaft out of with warm soapy water. Actually, omit the soap and use only hot hot water. Replace the pump and screw the ring back on TIGHTLY. Now fill the resevoir with water and pump as hard and as fast as you can. You will start to feel pressure build up again! Hooray!