CPS 1200 trigger valve jammed - And I can't get it open

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:54 pm

My CPS 1200 was halfway through its first battle, and, when I was completely pumped up, I somehow overpressurized the PC. Anyway, the valve is jammed, and the trigger doesn't have nough leverage to get the valve open.

So I opened up the 1200. At least tried to. I know that if I can get it open, I can pull back the trigger and release the valve. But the front is glued on, so I can't get my soaker all the way open.

Fast reply is appreciated. I don't want my 1200 to explode overnight! And I don't want to break the glued plastic on the front!
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:01 pm

Try levering the 2 halves of the soaker apart, just enough that you can get in there and pull open the trigger valve. You probably don't need to remove the front nozzle cap to do this. I'm having similar troubles with opening my 1200 as well, it's really frustrating! Good luck, though.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:03 pm

To open a CPS 1200, I am pretty sure that the glue on the front must be broken. I myself never have opened a CPS 1200, but if I were opening one, the first thing I would try would be prying the front off. After that, sawing it off might would be my second choice. Obviously, I don't care much for the front piece.

Admittedly, every modified CPS 1200 I ever saw did not have the front piece. I'm assuming that's a hint that the front piece must be removed.

After that, all you'd need to do is pull the valve. The check valve probably failed to release excess pressure and thus the pressure got too high for the valve to be pulled. Old toilet systems have a similar problem actually. To not run into this problem again, watch your pumps carefully and feel for when the trigger gets harder to pull. If it is getting harder to pull, that's likely a sign that the pressure is approaching the problem spot.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:03 pm

You have the break the front part open. And since the cap is completly glued on the yellow version, it will take awhile, since its like striping an eg of its shell. Thats what makes the CPS 1200 k-modding tidious. Your problem happend to my first CPS 12K mod. The pressure was to much for the internals. So you have to open it. But also, you have to expect that the PC will fly of the internals once you open it.
Anyways, it will get messy.

The CPS 1200 has a powerfull PC. More power than the CPS 1000 and CPS 2100 in my experience. Its worth saving. Also, its worth giving it an alternative tigger system.

Edited By ZOCCOZ on 1151197609

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:14 pm

Thanks for all the replies. I'm glad I didn't have to go to opening the front. I was in the house on the computer. Anyway, I had removed the orange plastic thing the trigger is mounted on, and the trigger valve piece that you know slides down the pump? I tried pulling on that, but I couldn't get enough leverage. So while I was inside asking for help here on the forums, my brother (he's a great guy) was working on my 1200 with this huge screwdriver. He used the huge leverage of the really long screwdriver and pried open the valve, releasing the pressure (water shot out of the PC out the front in a normal stream). I screwed it back together, and I wouldn't know that anything ever happened to my 1200! It fit back together perfectly!

I'll be sure touse my 1200 for many battles to come! (I have the purple and gray one ZOCCOZ, but it goes 42 feet in this perfect stream). Thanks all!
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:24 pm

Hannibal wrote:Thanks for all the replies. I'm glad I didn't have to go to opening the front. I was in the house on the computer. Anyway, I had removed the orange plastic thing the trigger is mounted on, and the trigger valve piece that you know slides down the pump? I tried pulling on that, but I couldn't get enough leverage. So while I was inside asking for help here on the forums, my brother (he's a great guy) was working on my 1200 with this huge screwdriver. He used the huge leverage of the really long screwdriver and pried open the valve, releasing the pressure (water shot out of the PC out the front in a normal stream). I screwed it back together, and I wouldn't know that anything ever happened to my 1200! It fit back together perfectly!

I'll be sure touse my 1200 for many battles to come! (I have the purple and gray one ZOCCOZ, but it goes 42 feet in this perfect stream). Thanks all!
The purple version has the non-glued cap(my first CPS12k is the purple version). So it is definatly less work opening up. But I still have to give mine an alternative valve. 75 ballons are just to much for the original valve.