Triple Shot's Broken - Just. Won't. Shoot.

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
overload09

Post by overload09 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:04 am

When I try to fire our teams triple shots, they just dont shoot. I pumped it up a lot, had the cap on tightly, and it wont shoot. :angry:
:bm1000::wb2:

:flashflood::wacko: :unclesam::cps2500:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:10 am

When you loosen the cap, is there pressure inside the reservoir? If there's no pressure, there is a leak somewhere which needs to be sealed. The position of the leak can be found by covering the outside of the soaker in soapy water, closing the cap, and pumping the blaster. Where the soap-bubbles form is the position of the leak (which may be inside the housing so you may need to open the soaker).

If there was pressure, there is a problem with the trigger-system. You'd need to open the soaker to explore what may be going wrong.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

overload09

Post by overload09 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:48 pm

Im not sure which problem I have, but how to I fix the Trigger?
:bm1000::wb2:

:flashflood::wacko: :unclesam::cps2500:

mike9909

Post by mike9909 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:52 pm

Hello everyone... My name is mike and I'm a pround owner of cps 4100 mk1, cps2500 and cps3200.. :D

I've got myself a triple shot ( more like 30 lol ) and I found some of the triple shots busted. I've found that there's no pressure in the reservior when I pump the gun. I've tried opening the gun by removing all the screws, prying it for over an hour and couldn't get it open. My speculation to this problem: they glue the pieces together inside the gun so that if you want to open it you have to literally break the gun. I don't know why I can't open the gun. If anyone have any bright ideas bring it up! I'll post the internals if I can get it open ;D I can break the gun (I got 30 ahahahahahah) but I'll leave that to the last resort....
thx for reading :D

avis

Post by avis » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:26 pm

One of two of ours is broken. It leaks pressure through the ball valve. I can't get it fully open because of the pump cap. The thing is sealed pretty tight. I tried everything short of sawing it off(pliars, screwdriver, pulling tugging squeezing.) . It's my little brother's, so I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate that.

Peter MJ

Post by Peter MJ » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:39 am

One has to be careful though when disassembling the Triple Shot, as the gun has a quite complex interior. Getting the gun back together after removing much of the internal components is a real challenge. :cool: If you need to open the gun and take apart the trigger mechanism, make sure you mark all the components and their positions (or take photos), or you'll find yourself trying to solve a jigsaw puzzle instead of blasting your opponents with the gun. :goofy:
People get to observe me once, right before they are hit by twin water beams...

Don't believe me..? Look behind you...

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:53 pm

@Mike9909: 30 Triple Aggressors?! Anyhow, with most soakers, after removing all the screws and popping off the pump cap, it usually just takes a lot of prying and some brute force along the seams to open things up. Thing is, if a soaker is broken, you can't break it much more by trying to repair (unless, of course, you think you can exchange it back at the store for a new one).

Never opened up a Triple Shot, myself, though, so I can't give any first hand experience on opening that particular model. Don't know what else I can suggest if you've already gotten the screws and pump cap off and have tried prying the halves apart along the seams. For prying, I usually use a flathead screwdriver, look for the part that is loose, jam it in at that point, and gently twist to try to get the next part to separate slowly.

If you can give more info on your progress, perhaps we can recommend things...

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: