FF broke - Trigger

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:49 pm

Alright, well my FF broke (sigh) WHen I pull the trigger, it stays open, the stream fires, then I let go of the trigger, the stream keeps going, but it's weaker, HELP! I'm trying to open my gun, but 1 screw is stuck, it's not stripped, it's not the pump cap. On the FF trigger (the silver one)There are two screws, on the larger one, (say we're holding our FF with the pump facing left) The screw on the right is stuck! It keeps turning, but it won't come out and the gun won't open, HELP!
:flashflood: :soaked:

hehe...
You don't want supersoaker as your enemy!

Rook

Post by Rook » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:55 pm

Maybe you stripped the plastic.
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:02 pm

Yeah, maybe, any solutions? (I'm going to buy a new one anyways, but I might as well try to fix it)
and in my title it's broke not "borke" :p

hehe...

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:32 pm

Fixed the title entry.

As for the stubborn metal screw, if it's really stuck, perhaps you will have to resort to drilling it out (not sure how much experience you have with a drill; if little, get some help). If it turns, but doesn't come out, it does sound as if the inner plastic threads are stripped. You can opt to try to 'hit' it out by holding the blaster so the screw if facing downwards and carefully 'hitting' the opposite side to try to knock the screw loose without damaging the plastic. The drill is sort of the last resort.

Then again, if it is stripped, can you just pry the plastic apart in that area, then?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Croc

Post by Croc » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:01 pm

My suggestion is to saw it out, then cover the trigger with electrical tape. Another suggestion is that while you have it open is to electrical tape the PC of the FF. It looks awesome.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:09 am

supersoaker wrote:Yeah, maybe, any solutions? (I'm going to buy a new one anyways, but I might as well try to fix it)
and in my title it's broke not "borke" :p
Just return it. It wasn't your fault it broke, was it? Or did you abuse it in some way?
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:01 pm

Not my fault but it's over a year old, the return policy is voided, and thanks, I've tried smacking it out, so I'll try again, then drill it, I have a lot of experience with a drill isoaker.

hehe...