CPS 2500 Repairs - Two problems, input welcomed.

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:08 pm

Recently acquired a CPS 2500, which works fine except for two things. I haven't opened it up to take a look yet, but I was hoping some of you might be able to estimate what I'm up against.
Here's how it behaves:

(1.) It pumps fine, but as soon as I start doing that, it begins leaking out the currently selected nozzle. I can, of course, stop the leak by setting it between two nozzles, and then the water that fills that space comes out when I realign one. (I'm guessing this is all due to a problem with the nozzle valve, for obvious reasons.)

(2.) The trigger is weird. If you try to use it normally, it refuses to move, it is misaligned. Its back end sticks up diagonally inside the casing. You can use your other hand to jiggle it straight, and then take a shot, but this is (again, rather obviously) not practical in a water fight. I'm thinking that will be a much easier fix, or I hope so, anyway. At least the whole mechanism can actually function.

At this point I'm just wondering if there's anything I should know about trying to open the case, especially if anyone has some good pointers on how to go about that task. Thanks in advance for your help!
:cool:
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!

Croc

Post by Croc » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:39 pm

1)For opening it up, take a screwdriver, and be very careful not to damage too many screws. Then, unscrew the pump and nozzles from the gun. You will have then opened up the gun (I had to do this to my 2000 to find the problem, but I didn't have to remove multiple nozzles)
2)The trigger is probably causing the leakage from the nozzles.

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:48 pm

Really. The trigger might be causing the leakage, too?? Wow, that would rock if that is the only thing I need to fix, then. :) Thanks for the heads-up about the screws and what-not.

[c]P.S.: tiki-soki, lmao.... :D
:cool:
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!