'06 Helix Problem - Please Help

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Speedbeetle06

Post by Speedbeetle06 » Thu May 04, 2006 8:08 pm

Today I got the MI Helix, filled up the gun and the pack with water and tested it out. When the blaster ran out of water, no water from the backpack was sent to the gun when I pulled the pump out, making the backpack totally usless. Is there anything I can do to get water to the gun?

:bmhelix:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu May 04, 2006 8:11 pm

Either the backpack connection wasn't attached properly or the cap on the MI Helix was loose, allowing air in instead of drawing water from the backpack.

For the MI system to work, the cap on the blaster must be on tightly and the backpack attachment must be inserted fully to open the valve.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Speedbeetle06

Post by Speedbeetle06 » Thu May 04, 2006 8:20 pm

Hmmm... I didn't think of that. I'll test it again tomarrow and post again (or probably edit this post so I don't don't double post)and see if that was the problem.

Thanks!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu May 04, 2006 8:30 pm

If tighten things doesn't work, double check there is nothing stuck in the hose that might be clogging it. If you push on the valve with the backpack's cap loose and hold the backpack above the hose's end, you should be able to get water to flow.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Thu May 04, 2006 8:34 pm

The soaker must be below the pack in order to recieve water. Just hold it below and water should start to flow into the helix.
CPS 1000 (Now K-modded into a CPS 10000)
CPS 4100 *in repair*
MI Flash Flood w/Aqua Pak
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Thu May 04, 2006 10:32 pm

An be careful to losen the cap on the gun or you'll end up with a collapsed water tank. That's why I'm returning my Flash flood and Aquapack. I needed the water the Aquapack provided, and there's no chance I'll remember to loosen the cap ever time I use it. And were I to loan out my FF to someone else, they wouldn't know to loosen the cap.

Edited By Hannibal on 1146800006
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

Speedbeetle06

Post by Speedbeetle06 » Sun May 07, 2006 11:11 am

Ok sorry I haven't posted in a couple days, but here's what the problem was.
when you fill the pack, you must sqeeze it to make the water go to the end of the hose. Then when you fill the blaster, it must be COMPLETELY full. When you attach the pack to the gun, the gun must be under the pack and the hose must be vertical, so when the gun and the pack are attached, the water from the pack and the water from the gun are mixed. That way, there is one continous flow of water to the gun.
:bmhelix: