Now attempting to fix Monster XL - Anyone got any tips?

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
pritch

Post by pritch » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:09 am

Hi, I've posted on here before about attempting to fix my Monster XL, which leaks from the SC charger nozzle when pumping.

I finally got around to opening the case up today to try and see what's causing the leak. Here are some photos;

I still can't see why it's leaking. I've noticed that my SC nozzle looks incomplete compared to photos of other XLs that I've seen (I didn't own this from new - it was salvaged from a friend's bin after the fault developed). Do you think I'm missing something? I'm highly suspicious the SC nozzle is not water or air tight, causing both to leak out when pumping, however I don't know how I'm gonna fix that :O

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:53 am

I'm pretty sure your quickfill nozzle is leaking because there is no end piece on that nozzle, there should be one with an O-Ring which goes on the endto stop water not only leaking out of the nozzle, but to also stop water going all over the place when shoving the gun into the QFD.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:27 pm

Mine was like that, and unless you can find the rest of the front part of that super charger, it is useless. I got my Monster that had that problem from eBay, so I decided to plug it up with epoxy. Ask your friend if he has seen the front part, and hope he finds it. :p

pritch

Post by pritch » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:42 pm

Thanks for the heads-up, I think there is no hope of finding said missing piece now :(

I will look on ebay for a cheap SC gun as a donor maybe, though getting the original SC nozzle off looks to be a mission as it's glued up good. Obviously restoring full functionality would be great, either that or, yeah, I'll just have to blank her off for good, which I would like to do from inside the nozzle preferably, to prevent an ugly end cap situation.

pritch

Post by pritch » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:14 pm

There's some SC triple charge guns on ebay atm, do you think those would be compatbile? The nozzle looks slightly different....

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:29 pm

I'm sure they are all the same.

About getting the qfd off, and replacing it with a new one: If you can't get it off (they glue it pretty darn good), you can always cut the tubing, and cut the new donor gun's qfd attachment out as well. Then, you can use electrical tape and strap it together. It will work, because the older soakers all use the same size tubing on the inside. This way might seem like a poor way to fix your soaker, but it will be inside of the soaker, so it won't show, and if you do it right it shouldn't mess up. No worries there, because taping two things together isn't exactly brain surgery. :p

EDIT: Well, I posted that on a computer that I couldn't see your pics on, so just ignore this post. :bm1000:

Edited By Crashdummy on 1145579956

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:48 pm

Just fill it in with JBWeld. That'll be the best solution and you won't have to spend a ton on ebay and destroy a good soaker. $5 of JBWeld will fix that XL right up.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.