Super soaker trigger blues

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Samael

Post by Samael » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:45 am

Hi all,

I have bought two new super soakers and gee have they changed since Larami left the scene!

Anyway I noticed the spring loaded triggers on all the guns and well both of the soakers I owned (Triple agressor and flash flood ) have had their triggers locked in the fireing position and now they dont shut anymore. Rendering them useless in a water fight.

Any help on repair would be great. Also is this a common thing? I find these triggers to be very delecate.

Thanks

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:03 am

Welcome to the iSoaker.com Forums!

The Max-D-type triggers (the ones you are referring to) are notorious for malfunctioning due to problems with the spring meant for closing the nozzle valve. There are some repair guides out there, but the majority involve opening up the blaster and attempting to re-inforce the closing spring either with a new spring or elastics.

I don't have time just at the moment to grab links, but I'll post some later unless another member can do so in the meantime.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:42 pm

I swore there were more Max-D repairs out there, but the only article on a site I found thusfar is here:

Max-D 4000 trigger repair

Also check out this thread:
http://www.isoaker.com/cgi-bin....4;t=113

If I've missed articles elsewhere, links would be appreciated.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:27 pm

Max-D triggers systems break over time. Using rubber bands can fix it pretty easily if you connect them correctly.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

Samael

Post by Samael » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:00 pm

Thanks for the info, I just exchanged it for another one at toys r us . I do fear the same thing will happen again and I hate the new manufacturer for this, back in the day super soakers would never have this problem and not be so flimsy.

Dont get me wrong, the blast from the FF is great. I may just use the Riot blast and not the standard trigger to use the gun. Any suggestions on a good soaker that does not have this problem?

m15399

Post by m15399 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:26 pm

All soakers will have this problem. Even Buzz Bee Toys guns. It's much easier to repair on BBT guns though.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:52 am

m15399 wrote:All soakers will have this problem. Even Buzz Bee Toys guns. It's much easier to repair on BBT guns though.
BBT blasters don't suffer as much from trigger problems since they use the simpler tried'n'true ball-valve system as opposed to the more complex Max-D trigger. While all pressurized-based water blasters can have trigger problems (even the good ol' SS50), the more complex the trigger system is, the more parts there are that can go wrong. Presently, the Max-D triggers (used on the majority of the 2005 Super Soaker line) are the most complex, thus most prone to breaking. When they work, they also work the best, though. If only Hasbro could spend a touch more on making the trigger system more durable/reliable.

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:13 pm

I hate the max-d system!:angry: They should never have made it and continued using the standard trigger. :cool:
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:59 pm

Exactly how much range does the Max-D system add? It couldn't be that much...

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:10 pm

^ I heard that it only add's a couple of feet. :cool:
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

Some Guy

Post by Some Guy » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:00 pm

Well it helps marketing-wise. Would you rather spend a few more dollars per unit to make a higher quality gun that can achieve more range, or add a few cents to make a trigger mechanism that will break, but you can say "shoots 35 feet!" rather than "It almost shoots 30 feet!"

Edited By Some Guy on 1131584457