SS 30 Questions - ?

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

I have a few quick questions about my SS 30, which does not seem to be working right. It seems to only shoot about three or four feet, and then only for a few seconds. I am not sure if there is a problem within the soaker, or if I am just not pumping it enough. I tried shooting with 3/4 and a full tank, but there did not seem to be much of a difference. It does not seem to be leaking water, and the fact that it does fire makes me think that I am just not doing something right.

I did only pump about 20 times; could this be the problem?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:09 pm

From my experience, the SS30 requires 30-50 pumps at 3/4 full tank to shoot decently. 3-4 foot range is too short for this soaker. When you pump it up, do you hear a hissing sound coming from any part of the soaker? Also, how does the stream appear? Check the nozzle area to make suer there is nothing clogging it. Finally, you can also opt to force some water backwards through the nozzle with the reservoir off and the trigger being pulled to flush to tubing in case you had some stuff gum up the inside (I'd use a hose or faucet opening that can give a decent seal around the nozzle. don't turn it on too high. Water should come through the reservoir intake when the trigger is being pulled.) Hope it helps.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: