XP 240 - leaks, lost triggger

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:02 pm

Well, after cleaning out my room I found my XP 240, in peices from a dissection 8 years ago. So I tried it, i found out that the tank leaked and i have lost the trigger (since the dissection was 8 years ago, I'm not sure if the trigger was throw away or really, really, lost).

so what can I use to cover the leaks.
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty

Magnor

Post by Magnor » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:33 am

Try covering the tank with electrical tape, and if that doesn't work, you could always use epoxy or contact adhesive to fill in the crack. As for the trigger, you could probably make a new one out of...anything really. Just see if it fits, and drill the right holes.
By the way, check out the Rules for my newly invented SoakFest-esque game in the Draft Soaker Rules thread. Input on all the games there is desired. So head on over and ctritique the rules as much as possible!

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:50 pm

they're alot of different types of epoxy out there, what would you suggest?
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty

Magnor

Post by Magnor » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:20 pm

I have no clue, I've only used one, and it didn't set at all...:angry:
By the way, check out the Rules for my newly invented SoakFest-esque game in the Draft Soaker Rules thread. Input on all the games there is desired. So head on over and ctritique the rules as much as possible!

Some Guy

Post by Some Guy » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:05 pm

I tend to use JB weld or regular plumber's epxoy for nearly every soaking repair.

Magnor

Post by Magnor » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:23 pm

I just use All Purpose Welder. It holds very well, and makes a nice, tight seal. Costs about $3-4 USD for a decent tube of it. Just be careful not to get it on anything you want to keep.

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:23 am

Where would I get one? Can PVC cement work?

Edited By Lt.Winters on 1125984238