Triple shot help?

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
jimmsoaker

Post by jimmsoaker » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:01 pm

My cousin brought her triple shot today and she jumped into our pool with it. When she came up from under water her gun wouldn't pump. i told to wait till the water drained out of the gun. It still didn't pump so i tried it. I pushed alittle harder and it finally moved. So we went to try the gun but it didn't shoot. The pump was making a wierd noise every time we pumped it. So i opend it up and found that when you pumped air leaked out of this valve:

Does anyone know what this valve is and how I should repair it?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:24 pm

That's the check valve, I believe, on the Triple Shot. Never seen it,myself, but definitely looks like it. At any rate, what likely happened is that some pool water got into the valve and crusted it open and/or gummed up the spring/rusted something. First, if you can nudge the valve, see if you can move it such that it can seal properly. If that doesn't work, you can try lubricating the valve with something (maybe 3-in-1 oil or WD40) to see if you can get it to move and seal properly (but others here may have better lubricant suggestions so wait for another reply before putting on any extra. At worst, you may opt to just seal the whole valve up (basically doing a check-valve freeze) and just be sure not to over-pressurize things since this valve is supposed to be the safety-check to ensure you don't pop the reservoir. Of course, the simplest solution is the best so see if it may just need a flushing with clean water and a little manipulation without any additives to see if it'll move normally again.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

jimmsoaker

Post by jimmsoaker » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:32 pm

I don't under stand what you mean by sealing it?

I pulled of the pumping chamer the check valve and the part that connects it to the resevoir and everything seems intact

also I tryed pumping it and mist shot out of somwhere on the check valve

I should also note that this gun is only 3 days old

Edited By jimmsoaker on 1119987275

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:51 pm

If the gun is only 3 days old, given that you have kept the receipt, why don't you return it? :)

iSoaker essentially summed up what you would have to do if you don't return it. Just get some strong bonding glue and fill in the holes. Wait a day for it to dry and it should work again (though more dangerously - you disabled the safety release!).

JJJJJJ272

Post by JJJJJJ272 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:52 pm

Um, or you could just saw it off and seal the hole. Not only would it be fixed, but it woyuld also work better then it originally did!
:bm1000: :bm2700: :cps3000: :bmhelix: :blazer:
:flashflood: :cps2500: :soakthemall: :surprise: