Can anyone help me with fixing a CPS 2000?

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Gldm

Post by Gldm » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:10 pm

According to info on the site, I have a CPS 2000 mark 1. It worked fine from the day I bought it until this summer when it suddenly went "snap" and died. I've managed to open it up and take a look at it, and nothing seems broken but the rubber tube in the water chamber seems to have come out of the clamp in the piston. From what I can tell looking at it the clear tube it's in seems sealed, and I don't know how to open it. Alot of the screws on this gun have corroded and several of them have stripped despite using the right sized screwdriver. So far one on the plastic shell and one on the piece holding the front of the clear tube are stripped. Any idea if I can still get them out without damaging things so I can replace them? Also, is there any way to get into the clear tube and reattach the rubber tube without cutting it open? I really don't want to just throw the gun away as they don't make anything similar anymore.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:26 pm

Thread posted in improper forums.
[MOVED]
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:01 pm

You must be new to soakers. If the "rubber tube" as you put it has come out, just try to open the chamber up and slip it back in. If the chamber is ripped... then you have a broken CPS 2000.

Edited By Drewsky92 on 1092880945

Gldm

Post by Gldm » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:58 am

Drewsky92 wrote:You must be new to soakers. If the "rubber tube" as you put it has come out, just try to open the chamber up and slip it back in. If the chamber is ripped... then you have a broken CPS 2000.
Yes, I've never taken one apart before. I can't figure out any way to open the chamber short of a hacksaw. If I do that, I don't know if I'll be able to glue it back together well enough for it to hold any pressure or make a proper seal.

Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:44 am

Do what I did. Just try to rip it off with force. Of ask isoaker. He got his open somehow. ???

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:58 am

Drewsky92 wrote:Do what I did. Just try to rip it off with force. Of ask isoaker. He got his open somehow. ???
DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT OPEN IT WITH BRUTE FORCE. This is a CPS 2000, a rare gun. There is an easier way to do this, research SSC for It. I know you can put the firing chamber piece into a vice, and you can actually VERY CAREFULLY PRY it open. You need to be careful with guns like this. Open it as carefully as you can. Ripping it open will break it, dont do it. :(
_

Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:50 pm

It didn't break mine.??? I did that to my 4100 to collousos (sp?) it.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:58 pm

Yeah, but this is a CPS 2000 and you should not risk damaging the vital parts that make it work. Most things can be fixed, if you break the firing chamber, then you're screwed and then it is a waste of a CPS 2000 MK 1.
Yes, I've never taken one apart before. I can't figure out any way to open the chamber short of a hacksaw. If I do that, I don't know if I'll be able to glue it back together well enough for it to hold any pressure or make a proper seal.

I've seen instructions on how to open it, when you collussus a gun the chamber needs to be opened, and I think that the same instructions for that part of collussusing will work for this repair. However, I've forgotten where I saw it [And it was only a few days ago]
:goofy:
Tell me if I'm off completely, but in lieu of the link I think you have to partially saw it in two places, fix the rubber, and then seal the pieces of the tube exactly. I really wish I could remember the link, the pictures there showed exactly how to get it open.

Edited By Duxburian on 1093042734
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:17 pm

Right now, the CPS 2000 is broken as it is. I don't think that making it "more" broken will hurt if, especially if risking getting "more" broken is compared with getting a non broken CPS 2000.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:48 pm

Well, I've never opened up a CPS2000's CPS chamber, but for info on how I got the CPS4100's chamber open, see: CPS4100 Chamber Opening/Mod

I'd assume the CPS2000 has a similar set-up as the CPS4100, but since I've never opened one, I don't know for certain. If you can, perhaps you can post pics of the problem area?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: